Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in Central West End, MO
Contact our head and brain injury attorneys in Central West End, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers in Central West End, MO. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal support to head and brain injury victims and their families. We’ve recovered more than $35 millions in case victories and compensation. Our Central West End, MO, traumatic brain injury lawyers are dedicated to providing effective representation and real results. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today to learn more about our practice areas and capabilities. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay.
Our personal injury lawyers have helped numerous victims fight and win cases. Don’t hesitate to contact our firm for a free case review and consultation. Here are a few quick facts about traumatic brain injuries (TBIs):
- There are about 2.8 million TBI emergency room visits annually. Close to half of all TBI or severe head injury patients require surgery, according to the NIH.
- While a large percentage of traumatic brain injuries are caused in sporting accidents and falls, there are more than 290,000 car-related brain injuries each year.
- According to the Mayo Clinic, common symptoms of a brain-related injury include nausea or vomiting, speech problems, sleep difficulties, dizziness, loss of conciousness, and others based on the injury.
- According to the CDC, there are more than 55,000 TBI-related deaths each year. The most common include unintentional falls, car crashes, and self-harm.
A serious head injury can cause a lot of stress on victims and their families. Medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, discomfort, and other life-changing factors cause financial and personal burdens. Our traumatic brain injury lawyers in Central West End, MO, work with victims to get fair compensation.
Common Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
If you suffered head trauma from a car accident, were in a sports injury, or have TBI from some other incident, it’s important to seek medical help as soon as possible. Even if the injury seems minor, medical records will go a long way if you’re going to open an injury claim. There are various types of traumatic brain injuries, namely the ones listed here:
- Hematomas — Ranging from minor to severe, hematomas are one of the more common types of brain injuries. The main types include intracranial, epidural, and subdural hematomas.
- Hemorrhaging — Hemorrhagic strokes, according to the American Stroke Association, happen when a blood vessle ruptures. This can cause loss of consciousness, blurred vision, headaches, seizures, and other symptoms.
- Skull Fractures — There are a couple of different types of skull fractures: minor, linear, depressed, and basilar. These can lead to a range of brain injuries and medical conditions.
- Ischemic Stroke — More common than hemorrhagic strokes, ischemic strokes can cause serious cellular-level brain damage. Symptoms may include blurred vision, trouble speaking, poor comprehension, numbness, and others.
- Diffuse Axonal Injuries — Diffuse axonal injuries are usually caused by rapid movement (car accidents) or falls. Victims may require physical therapy, conseling, adaptive equipment, and occupational therapy, and other aids due to these serious injuries.
Whether you suffer from head trauma in a motorcycle accident or on a football field, it’s crucial to reach out to our Central West End, MO, TBI lawyers. We will take your case to trial if necessary and help you recover damages.
Do You Have a Traumatic Brain Injury Claim?
There are a number of required things you’ll need to prove if you’ve been in an accident and have a traumatic brain injury. There are four basic elements of negligence to determine if you have a valid claim due to another party’s negligence:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you are supposed to follow traffic laws and stop at red lights.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in a car accident, for instance, and suffer a traumatic brain injury, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: To get reimbursement, you’re going to have to prove that you were financially harmed. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, rehabilitation, pain and suffering, and other damages.
A lot goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Central West End, MO, traumatic brain injury lawyers to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated.
Your Central West End, MO, Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
If you or a family member were in an accident and have a TBI, it is crucial to reach out and contact a local law firm right away. The Dixon Injury Firm has represented clients in a number of cases. It’s our duty to provide aid and to help you through the claims process or go to court when a settlement can’t be reached with the negligent party.
Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Central West End, MO, traumatic brain injury lawyers today for more information. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.