Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in Chamois, MO
Contact our head and brain injury attorneys in Chamois, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers in Chamois, MO. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal support to head and brain injury victims and their families. We’ve recovered more than $35,000,000 in case victories and compensation. Our Chamois, MO, traumatic brain injury lawyers are dedicated to providing effective representation and real results. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now to learn more about our practice areas and capabilities. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay.
Our personal injury lawyers have helped numerous victims fight and win cases. Don’t hesitate to contact us for a free case review and consultation. Here are a few quick facts about traumatic brain injuries (TBIs):
- There are approximately 2.8 million TBI ER visits annually. Close to half of all TBI or severe head injury patients require surgery, according to the National Institue of Neurological Disorders.
- While a large percentage of traumatic brain injuries are caused in sporting accidents and falls, there are more than 290,000 car-related brain injuries every year.
- According to the Mayo Clinic, the most common symptoms of a brain-related injury include sensitivity to light or sound, headaches, loss of conciousness, dizziness, vomiting, and others based on the injury.
- According to the CDC, there are more than 55,000 TBI-related deaths every year. The most common include unintentional falls, vehicle crashes, and self-harm.
A serious head injury can cause a lot of stress on victims and their families. Pain and suffering, not being able to work, hospital bills, and other life-changing factors cause financial and personal burdens. Our traumatic brain injury lawyers in Chamois, MO, work with victims to get fair compensation.
Common Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
If you suffered head trauma from a car accident, were in a sports injury, or have TBI from some other incident, it is important to seek medical help immediately. Even if the injury seems minor, medical records will go a long way if you’re going to open an injury claim. There are various types of traumatic brain injuries, most notably the ones listed below:
- Hematomas — Hematomas are one of the most common types of brain injuries and can range from minor to severe. The main types include intracranial, epidural, and subdural hematomas.
- Hemorrhaging — Hemorrhagic strokes, according to the ASA, occur if a blood vessle ruptures. This may cause loss of consciousness, blurred vision, headaches, seizures, and other symptoms.
- Skull Fractures — There are a couple of different types of skull fractures: minor, linear, depressed, and basilar. Any one of these can lead to a range of brain injuries and other medical conditions.
- Ischemic Stroke — More common than hemorrhagic strokes, ischemic strokes can cause serious cellular-level brain damage. Symptoms can include blurred vision, trouble speaking, poor comprehension, numbness, and others.
- Diffuse Axonal Injuries — Diffuse axonal injuries are typically caused by rapid movement (car accidents) or falls. Victims may require occupational and physical therapy, emotional counseling, special equipment, and other aids due to these serious injuries.
Whether you suffer from head trauma in a motorcycle accident or on a football field, it is crucial to contact the Dixon Injury Firm’s Chamois, MO, TBI lawyers. We will take your case to trial if necessary and help you recover damages.
Do You Have a Traumatic Brain Injury Claim?
There are a number of required things you’ll need to prove if you’ve been in an accident and have a traumatic brain injury. There are 4 basic elements of negligence to determine whether or not you have a valid claim due to another party’s negligence:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you’re supposed to yield at yield signs and obey other traffic laws.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in a car accident, for example, and suffer a traumatic brain injury, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, rehabilitation, pain and suffering, and other damages.
There’s a lot that goes into every case, and it’s our job as Chamois, MO, traumatic brain injury lawyers to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed.
Your Chamois, MO, Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
If you or a family member were in an accident and have a TBI, it’s essential to reach out and contact a local law firm right away. The Dixon Injury Firm has represented clients in a number of cases. It’s our job to provide aid and to help you through the claims process or go to court if a fair settlement can’t be reached.
Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Chamois, MO, traumatic brain injury lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.