Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in Dittmer, MO
Contact our head and brain injury attorneys in Dittmer, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers in Dittmer, MO. Our firm offers professional legal support to head and brain injury victims and their families. We’ve recovered more than $35,000,000 in case victories and compensation. Our Dittmer, MO, traumatic brain injury lawyers are dedicated to providing effective representation and real results. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today to learn more about our practice areas and capabilities. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay.
Our personal injury lawyers have helped numerous victims and their families fight and win cases. Don’t hesitate to contact our firm for a free case review and consultation. Here are a few quick facts about traumatic brain injuries (TBIs):
- There are more than 2.8 million TBI ER visits each year. Close to half of all TBI or severe head injury patients require surgery, according to the National Institue of Neurological Disorders.
- While a large percentage of traumatic brain injuries are caused in sporting accidents and falls, there are more than 290,000 car-related brain injuries each year.
- According to the Mayo Clinic, common symptoms of a brain-related injury include nausea or vomiting, speech problems, sleep difficulties, dizziness, loss of conciousness, and others based on the injury.
- According to the CDC, there are more than 55,000 traumatic brain injury-related deaths every year. The most common include unintentional falls, car crashes, and self-harm.
If you’re in an accident and have a serious head injury, it can cause a lot of stress on your family. Medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, discomfort, and other life-changing factors cause financial and personal burdens. Our traumatic brain injury lawyers in Dittmer, MO, work with victims to get fair compensation.
Common Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
If you suffered head trauma from a car accident, were in a sports injury, or have TBI from some other incident, it’s important to get medical help as soon as possible. Even if the injury seems minor, medical records will go a long way if you’re going to open an injury claim. There are various types of traumatic brain injuries, most notably the ones listed below:
- Hematomas — Hematomas are one of the most common types of brain injuries and can range from minor to severe. The main types include intracranial, epidural, and subdural hematomas.
- Hemorrhaging — Hemorrhagic strokes, according to the American Stroke Association, occur when a blood vessle ruptures. These may cause decreased mobility, speaking difficulties, nausea or vomiting, and other symptoms.
- Skull Fractures — There are a couple of different types of skull fractures: minor, linear, depressed, and basilar. Any one of these can lead to a number of brain injuries and other medical conditions.
- Ischemic Stroke — More common than hemorrhagic strokes, ischemic strokes can cause serious cellular-level brain damage. Symptoms may include numbness, loss of vision, confusion, slurred speech, and headaches, and others.
- Diffuse Axonal Injuries — Diffuse axonal injuries are usually caused by rapid movement (car accidents) or falls. Victims may require physical therapy, conseling, adaptive equipment, and occupational therapy, and other aids due to these serious injuries.
Whether you or a family member suffers from head trauma in a motorcycle accident or on a football field, it is important to reach out to the Dixon Injury Firm’s Dittmer, MO, TBI lawyers. We will take your case to trial if necessary and help you recover damages.
Do You Have a Traumatic Brain Injury Claim?
If you’ve been in an accident and have a TBI, there are still a few things you would have to prove to win a claim. There are four basic elements of negligence to determine if you have a valid claim due to another party’s negligence:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you are supposed to follow traffic laws and stop at red lights.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a person’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in a car accident, for example, and suffer a TBI, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes hospital bills, the inability to work, ongoing rehab, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
There’s a lot that goes into every case, and it’s our job as Dittmer, MO, traumatic brain injury lawyers to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed.
Your Dittmer, MO, Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
If you or a family member have suffered from a traumatic brain injury, it’s essential to reach out and contact a local law firm as soon as possible. The Dixon Injury Firm has represented clients in a number of cases. It’s our job to provide aid and to help you through the claims process or go to court when a settlement can’t be reached with the negligent party.
Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Dittmer, MO, traumatic brain injury lawyers today for more information. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.