Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in Equality, IL
Contact our head and brain injury attorneys in Equality, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers in Equality, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal support to head and brain injury victims. We’ve recovered more than $35,000,000 in case victories and compensation. Our Equality, IL, traumatic brain injury lawyers are dedicated to providing effective representation and real results. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today to learn more about our practice areas and capabilities. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay.
Our personal injury lawyers have helped numerous victims and their families fight and win cases. Don’t hesitate to contact us for a free case review and consultation. Here are a few quick facts about traumatic brain injuries (TBIs):
- There are approximately 2.8 million TBI emergency room visits annually. Close to half of all TBI or severe head injury patients require surgery, according to the National Institue of Neurological Disorders.
- While a large percentage of traumatic brain injuries are caused in sporting accidents and falls, there are more than 290,000 vehicle-related brain injuries every year.
- According to the Mayo Clinic, the most common symptoms of a brain-related injury include sensitivity to light or sound, headaches, loss of conciousness, dizziness, vomiting, and others based on the injury.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control, there are more than 55,000 TBI-related deaths every year. The most common include unintentional falls, vehicle crashes, and self-harm.
A serious head injury can cause a lot of stress on victims and their families. Medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, discomfort, and other life-changing factors cause financial and personal burdens. The Dixon Injury Firm’s traumatic brain injury lawyers in Equality, IL, work with victims to get fair compensation.
Common Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
If you suffered head trauma from a car accident, were in a sports injury, or have TBI from some other incident, it is important to seek medical help as soon as possible. Even if the injury seems minor, medical records will go a long way if you’re going to open an injury claim. There are various types of TBIs, most notably the ones listed below:
- Hematomas — Hematomas are one of the most common types of brain injuries and can range from minor to severe. The main types include intracranial, epidural, and subdural hematomas.
- Hemorrhaging — Hemorrhagic strokes, according to the ASA, happen if a blood vessle ruptures. These can cause decreased mobility, speaking difficulties, nausea or vomiting, and other symptoms.
- Skull Fractures — There are a couple of different types of skull fractures: minor, linear, depressed, and basilar. Any one of these can lead to a number of brain injuries and medical conditions.
- Ischemic Stroke — More common than hemorrhagic strokes, ischemic strokes can cause serious cellular-level brain damage. Symptoms may include numbness, loss of vision, confusion, slurred speech, and headaches, and others.
- Diffuse Axonal Injuries — Diffuse axonal injuries are usually caused by rapid movement (car accidents) or falls. Victims may require physical therapy, conseling, adaptive equipment, and occupational therapy, and other aids due to these serious injuries.
Whether you suffer from head trauma in a motorcycle accident or on a football field, it’s essential to contact the Dixon Injury Firm’s Equality, IL, TBI lawyers. We will take your case to trial if necessary and help you recover damages.
Do You Have a Traumatic Brain Injury Claim?
There are a number of required things you’ll need to prove if you’ve been in an accident and have a traumatic brain injury. There are four basic elements of negligence to determine if you have a valid claim due to another party’s negligence:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you are supposed to yield at yield signs and obey other traffic laws.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. A good example would be if an intoxicated driver failed their duty of care by blowing a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in a car accident, for example, and suffer a traumatic brain injury, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: To get reimbursement, you’re going to have to prove that you were financially harmed. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, rehabilitation, pain and suffering, and other damages.
There’s a lot that goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Equality, IL, traumatic brain injury lawyers to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated.
Your Equality, IL, Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
If you or a family member have suffered from a traumatic brain injury, it’s essential to reach out and contact a local law firm as soon as possible. The Dixon Injury Firm has represented clients in a number of cases. It’s our duty to provide aid and to help you through the claims process or go to court when a settlement can’t be reached with the negligent party.
Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Equality, IL, traumatic brain injury lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.