Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in Fairview Heights, IL
Contact our head and brain injury attorneys in Fairview Heights, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers in Fairview Heights, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal support to head and brain injury victims and their families. We’ve recovered more than $35,000,000 in case victories and compensation. Our Fairview Heights, IL, traumatic brain injury lawyers are dedicated to providing effective representation and real results. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now to learn more about our practice areas and capabilities. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay.
Our personal injury lawyers have helped numerous victims and their families fight and win cases. Don’t hesitate to contact our firm for a free case review and consultation. Here are a few quick facts about traumatic brain injuries (TBIs):
- There are approximately 2.8 million TBI ER visits each year. Close to half of all TBI or severe head injury patients require surgery, according to the NIH.
- While a large percentage of traumatic brain injuries are caused in sporting accidents and falls, there are more than 290,000 vehicle-related brain injuries each year.
- According to the Mayo Clinic, common symptoms of a brain-related injury include sensitivity to light or sound, headaches, loss of conciousness, dizziness, vomiting, and others based on the injury.
- According to the CDC, there are more than 55,000 TBI-related deaths each year. The most common include unintentional falls, vehicle crashes, and self-harm.
If you’re in an accident and have a serious head injury, it can cause a lot of stress on your family. Medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, discomfort, and other life-changing factors cause financial and personal burdens. The Dixon Injury Firm’s traumatic brain injury lawyers in Fairview Heights, IL, work with victims to get fair compensation.
Common Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
If you suffered head trauma from a car accident, were in a sports injury, or have TBI from some other incident, it is important to get medical help immediately. If you’re going to pursue compensation, it’s important to have those medical records even if the injury seems minor. There are various types of traumatic brain injuries, namely the ones listed below:
- Hematomas — Ranging from minor to severe, hematomas are one of the more common types of brain injuries. The main types include intracranial, epidural, and subdural hematomas.
- Hemorrhaging — Hemorrhagic strokes, according to the American Stroke Association, occur if a blood vessle ruptures. This may lead to loss of consciousness, blurred vision, headaches, seizures, and other symptoms.
- Skull Fractures — There’s a few types of skull fractures: minor, linear, depressed, and basilar. Any one of these can lead to a number of brain injuries and other medical conditions.
- Ischemic Stroke — More common than hemorrhagic strokes, ischemic strokes can cause serious cellular-level brain damage. Symptoms may include blurred vision, trouble speaking, poor comprehension, numbness, and others.
- Diffuse Axonal Injuries — Diffuse axonal injuries are usually caused by rapid movement (car accidents) or falls. Victims may require occupational and physical therapy, emotional counseling, special equipment, and other aids due to these serious injuries.
Whether you suffer from head trauma in a car accident or on a football field, it is essential to reach out to our Fairview Heights, IL, TBI lawyers. We will take your case to trial if necessary and help you recover damages.
Do You Have a Traumatic Brain Injury Claim?
There are a number of required things you’ll need to prove if you’ve been in an accident and have a traumatic brain injury. There are four basic elements of negligence to determine if you have a valid claim due to someone’s negligence:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you’re supposed to follow traffic laws and stop at red lights.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a person’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in an accident, for example, and suffer a TBI, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: To get reimbursement, you’re going to have to prove that you were financially harmed. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, rehabilitation, pain and suffering, and other damages.
There’s a lot that goes into every claim, and it’s our job as Fairview Heights, IL, traumatic brain injury lawyers to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated.
Your Fairview Heights, IL, Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
If you or a family member have suffered from a traumatic brain injury, it’s essential to reach out and contact a local law firm right away. The Dixon Injury Firm has represented clients in a number of cases. It’s our duty to provide aid and to help you through the claims process or go to court if a fair settlement can’t be reached.
Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Fairview Heights, IL, traumatic brain injury lawyers today for more information. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.