Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in Harrisburg, MO
Contact our head and brain injury attorneys in Harrisburg, MO, today for a free consultation and case review.
Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers in Harrisburg, MO. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal support to head and brain injury victims. We’ve recovered more than $35 millions in case victories and compensation. Our Harrisburg, MO, traumatic brain injury lawyers are dedicated to providing effective representation and real results. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now to learn more about our practice areas and capabilities. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay.
Our personal injury attorneys have helped numerous victims and their families fight and win claims. Don’t hesitate to contact our firm for a free case review and consultation. Here are a few quick facts about traumatic brain injuries (TBIs):
- There are more than 2.8 million TBI emergency room visits each year. Close to half of all TBI or severe head injury patients require surgery, according to the National Institue of Neurological Disorders.
- While a large percentage of traumatic brain injuries are caused in sporting accidents and falls, there are more than 290,000 car-related brain injuries each year.
- According to the Mayo Clinic, the most common symptoms of a brain-related injury include nausea or vomiting, speech problems, sleep difficulties, dizziness, loss of conciousness, and others based on the injury.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control, there are more than 55,000 traumatic brain injury-related deaths each year. The most common include unintentional falls, car crashes, and self-harm.
A serious head injury can cause a lot of stress on victims and their families. Pain and suffering, not being able to work, hospital bills, and other life-changing factors cause financial and personal burdens. The Dixon Injury Firm’s traumatic brain injury lawyers in Harrisburg, MO, work with victims to get fair compensation.
Common Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
If you suffered head trauma from a car accident, were in a sports injury, or have TBI from some other incident, it’s important to seek medical help immediately. Even if the injury seems minor, medical records will go a long way if you’re going to open an injury claim. There are various types of TBIs, namely the ones listed here:
- Hematomas — Hematomas are one of the most common types of brain injuries and can range from minor to severe. The main types include intracranial, epidural, and subdural hematomas.
- Hemorrhaging — Hemorrhagic strokes, according to the American Stroke Association, occur when a blood vessle ruptures. This can cause decreased mobility, speaking difficulties, nausea or vomiting, and other symptoms.
- Skull Fractures — There’s a few types of skull fractures: minor, linear, depressed, and basilar. These can lead to a range of brain injuries and medical conditions.
- Ischemic Stroke — More common than hemorrhagic strokes, ischemic strokes can cause serious cellular-level brain damage. Symptoms can include numbness, loss of vision, confusion, slurred speech, and headaches, and others.
- Diffuse Axonal Injuries — Diffuse axonal injuries are typically caused by rapid movement (car accidents) or falls. Victims may require occupational and physical therapy, emotional counseling, special equipment, and other aids due to these serious injuries.
Whether you suffer from head trauma in a motorcycle accident or on a football field, it is crucial to reach out to the Dixon Injury Firm’s Harrisburg, MO, TBI lawyers. We will take your case to trial if necessary and help you recover damages.
Do You Have a Traumatic Brain Injury Claim?
If you’ve been in an accident and have a TBI, there are still a few things you would have to prove to win a claim. There are 4 basic elements of negligence to determine whether or not you have a valid claim due to another party’s negligence:
- Duty of Care: There’s a standard of responsibility in society. For example, you are supposed to follow traffic laws and stop at red lights.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. A good example would be if an intoxicated driver failed their duty of care by blowing a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a person’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in a car accident, for instance, and suffer a traumatic brain injury, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: To get reimbursement, you’re going to have to prove that you were financially harmed. This includes hospital bills, the inability to work, ongoing rehab, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
A lot goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Harrisburg, MO, traumatic brain injury lawyers to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated.
Your Harrisburg, MO, Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
If you or a family member have suffered from a traumatic brain injury, it is crucial to reach out and contact a local law firm right away. The Dixon Injury Firm has represented clients in a number of cases. It’s our job to provide aid and to help you through the claims process or go to court when a settlement can’t be reached with the negligent party.
Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, the Dixon Injury Firm has your back. Reach out to our Harrisburg, MO, traumatic brain injury lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.