Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in Marissa, IL
Contact our head and brain injury attorneys in Marissa, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers in Marissa, IL. Our firm offers professional legal support to head and brain injury victims. We’ve recovered more than $35 millions in case victories and compensation. Our Marissa, IL, traumatic brain injury lawyers are dedicated to providing effective representation and real results. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now to learn more about our practice areas and capabilities. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay.
Our personal injury lawyers have helped numerous victims and their families fight and win cases. Don’t hesitate to contact us for a free case review and consultation. Here are a few quick facts about traumatic brain injuries (TBIs):
- There are about 2.8 million traumatic brain injury emergency room visits annually. Close to half of all TBI or severe head injury patients require surgery, according to the NIH.
- While a high number of TBIs are related to falls or sporting accidents, there are more than 290,000 car-related brain injuries each year.
- According to the Mayo Clinic, the most common symptoms of a brain-related injury include sensitivity to light or sound, headaches, loss of conciousness, dizziness, vomiting, and others based on the injury.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control, there are more than 55,000 TBI-related deaths every year. The most common include unintentional falls, vehicle crashes, and self-harm.
A serious head injury can cause a lot of stress on victims and their families. Pain and suffering, not being able to work, hospital bills, and other life-changing factors cause financial and personal burdens. The Dixon Injury Firm’s traumatic brain injury lawyers in Marissa, IL, work with victims to get fair compensation.
Common Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
If you suffered head trauma from a car accident, were in a sports injury, or have TBI from some other incident, it is important to seek medical help as soon as possible. If you’re going to pursue compensation, it’s important to have those medical records even if the injury seems minor. There are various types of traumatic brain injuries, namely the ones listed here:
- Hematomas — Hematomas are one of the most common types of brain injuries and can range from minor to severe. The main types include intracranial, epidural, and subdural hematomas.
- Hemorrhaging — Hemorrhagic strokes, according to the ASA, happen if a blood vessle ruptures. These can lead to loss of consciousness, blurred vision, headaches, seizures, and other symptoms.
- Skull Fractures — There are a couple of different types of skull fractures: minor, linear, depressed, and basilar. These can lead to a number of brain injuries and other medical conditions.
- Ischemic Stroke — More common than hemorrhagic strokes, ischemic strokes can cause serious cellular-level brain damage. Symptoms may include blurred vision, trouble speaking, poor comprehension, numbness, and others.
- Diffuse Axonal Injuries — Diffuse axonal injuries are usually caused by rapid movement (car accidents) or falls. Victims may require occupational and physical therapy, emotional counseling, special equipment, and other aids due to these serious injuries.
Whether you suffer from head trauma in a car accident or on a football field, it’s important to reach out to the Dixon Injury Firm’s Marissa, IL, TBI lawyers. Our firm can help you recover damages and negotiate with insurance companies, or even escalate a claim to a case.
Do You Have a Traumatic Brain Injury Claim?
If you’ve been in an accident and have a TBI, there are still a few things you would have to prove to win a claim. There are four basic elements of negligence to determine whether or not you have a valid claim due to another party’s negligence:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you’re supposed to follow traffic laws and stop at red lights.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. A good example would be if an intoxicated driver failed their duty of care by blowing a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in an accident, for example, and suffer a traumatic brain injury, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes hospital bills, the inability to work, ongoing rehab, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
A lot goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Marissa, IL, traumatic brain injury lawyers to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed.
Your Marissa, IL, Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
If you or a family member were in an accident and have a TBI, it’s important to reach out and contact a local law firm as soon as possible. The Dixon Injury Firm has represented clients in a number of cases. It’s our job to provide aid and to help you through the claims process or go to court when a settlement can’t be reached with the negligent party.
Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Marissa, IL, traumatic brain injury lawyers today for more information. Call or message us now for a free case review and consultation.