Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in Newton, IL
Contact our head and brain injury attorneys in Newton, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers in Newton, IL. Our firm offers professional legal support to head and brain injury victims and their families. We’ve recovered more than $35 millions in case victories and compensation. Our Newton, IL, traumatic brain injury lawyers are dedicated to providing effective representation and real results. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now to learn more about our practice areas and capabilities. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay.
Our personal injury lawyers have helped numerous victims fight and win claims. Don’t hesitate to contact us for a free case review and consultation. Here are a few quick facts about traumatic brain injuries (TBIs):
- There are more than 2.8 million traumatic brain injury emergency room visits each year. Close to half of all TBI or severe head injury patients require surgery, according to the NIH.
- While a high number of TBIs are related to falls or sporting accidents, there are more than 290,000 car-related brain injuries every year.
- According to the Mayo Clinic, common symptoms of a brain-related injury include nausea or vomiting, speech problems, sleep difficulties, dizziness, loss of conciousness, and others based on the injury.
- According to the CDC, there are more than 55,000 TBI-related deaths every year. The most common include unintentional falls, vehicle crashes, and self-harm.
A serious head injury can cause a lot of stress on victims and their families. Medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, discomfort, and other life-changing factors cause financial and personal burdens. Our traumatic brain injury lawyers in Newton, IL, work with victims to get fair compensation.
Common Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
If you suffered head trauma from a car accident, were in a sports injury, or have TBI from some other incident, it is important to get medical help as soon as possible. Even if the injury seems minor, medical records will go a long way if you’re going to open an injury claim. There are various types of traumatic brain injuries, most notably the ones listed here:
- Hematomas — Ranging from minor to severe, hematomas are one of the more common types of brain injuries. The main types include intracranial, epidural, and subdural hematomas.
- Hemorrhaging — Hemorrhagic strokes, according to the American Stroke Association, occur when a blood vessle ruptures. This can lead to decreased mobility, speaking difficulties, nausea or vomiting, and other symptoms.
- Skull Fractures — There are a couple of different types of skull fractures: minor, linear, depressed, and basilar. Any one of these can lead to a number of brain injuries and medical conditions.
- Ischemic Stroke — More common than hemorrhagic strokes, ischemic strokes can cause serious cellular-level brain damage. Symptoms may include blurred vision, trouble speaking, poor comprehension, numbness, and others.
- Diffuse Axonal Injuries — Diffuse axonal injuries are usually caused by rapid movement (car accidents) or falls. Victims may require occupational and physical therapy, emotional counseling, special equipment, and other aids due to these serious injuries.
Whether you or a family member suffers from head trauma in a car accident or on a football field, it is crucial to contact the Dixon Injury Firm’s Newton, IL, TBI lawyers. We will take your case to trial if necessary and help you recover damages.
Do You Have a Traumatic Brain Injury Claim?
There are a number of required things you’ll need to prove if you’ve been in an accident and have a traumatic brain injury. There are four basic elements of negligence to determine whether or not you have a valid claim due to another party’s negligence:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you are supposed to yield at yield signs and obey other traffic laws.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in an accident, for instance, and suffer a TBI, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes medical expenses, lost time from work, rehabilitation, pain and suffering, and other damages.
There’s a lot that goes into every claim or case, and it’s our job as Newton, IL, traumatic brain injury lawyers to help victims and their families gather all of the required information in order to be fairly reimbursed.
Your Newton, IL, Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
If you or a family member were in an accident and have a TBI, it’s important to reach out and contact a local law firm right away. The Dixon Injury Firm has represented clients in a number of cases. It’s our duty to provide aid and to help you through the claims process or go to court if a fair settlement can’t be reached.
Whether you were in a car or truck accident, slipped and fell, were hurt at work, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Newton, IL, traumatic brain injury lawyers today to learn more about our capabilities. We offer free case reviews and consultations.