Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in Rockwood, IL
Contact our head and brain injury attorneys in Rockwood, IL, today for a free consultation and case review.
Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers in Rockwood, IL. The Dixon Injury Firm offers professional legal support to head and brain injury victims and their families. We’ve recovered more than $35,000,000 in case victories and compensation. Our Rockwood, IL, traumatic brain injury lawyers are dedicated to providing effective representation and real results. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today to learn more about our practice areas and capabilities. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay.
Our personal injury lawyers have helped numerous victims fight and win claims. Don’t hesitate to contact us for a free case review and consultation. Here are a few quick facts about traumatic brain injuries (TBIs):
- There are approximately 2.8 million traumatic brain injury ER visits each year. Close to half of all TBI or severe head injury patients require surgery, according to the National Institue of Neurological Disorders.
- While a large percentage of traumatic brain injuries are caused in sporting accidents and falls, there are more than 290,000 vehicle-related brain injuries every year.
- According to the Mayo Clinic, common symptoms of a brain-related injury include sensitivity to light or sound, headaches, loss of conciousness, dizziness, vomiting, and others based on the injury.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control, there are more than 55,000 TBI-related deaths every year. The most common include unintentional falls, vehicle crashes, and self-harm.
If you’re in an accident and have a serious head injury, it can cause a lot of stress on your family. Pain and suffering, not being able to work, hospital bills, and other life-changing factors cause financial and personal burdens. Our traumatic brain injury lawyers in Rockwood, IL, work with victims to get fair compensation.
Common Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
If you suffered head trauma from a car accident, were in a sports injury, or have TBI from some other incident, it is important to get medical help as soon as possible. Even if the injury seems minor, medical records will go a long way if you’re going to open an injury claim. There are various types of TBIs, namely the ones listed below:
- Hematomas — Hematomas are one of the most common types of brain injuries and can range from minor to severe. The main types include intracranial, epidural, and subdural hematomas.
- Hemorrhaging — Hemorrhagic strokes, according to the American Stroke Association, occur if a blood vessle ruptures. This may cause loss of consciousness, blurred vision, headaches, seizures, and other symptoms.
- Skull Fractures — There’s a few types of skull fractures: minor, linear, depressed, and basilar. These can lead to a number of brain injuries and medical conditions.
- Ischemic Stroke — More common than hemorrhagic strokes, ischemic strokes can cause serious cellular-level brain damage. Symptoms can include blurred vision, trouble speaking, poor comprehension, numbness, and others.
- Diffuse Axonal Injuries — Diffuse axonal injuries are usually caused by rapid movement (car accidents) or falls. Victims may require occupational and physical therapy, emotional counseling, special equipment, and other aids due to these serious injuries.
Whether you suffer from head trauma in a motorcycle accident or on a football field, it’s essential to contact the Dixon Injury Firm’s Rockwood, IL, TBI lawyers. We will take your case to trial if necessary and help you recover damages.
Do You Have a Traumatic Brain Injury Claim?
There are a number of required things you’ll need to prove if you’ve been in an accident and have a traumatic brain injury. There are 4 basic elements of negligence to determine if you have a valid claim due to someone’s negligence:
- Duty of Care: As a society, it’s our duty to act responsibly. For example, you are supposed to follow traffic laws and stop at red lights.
- Breach: A breach is when a third party fails to show duty of care. You can look at breach as a “failure to act,” like not stopping at a stop sign.
- Causation: It’s important to prove that a negligent party’s breach of duty of care actually caused you harm. If you’re in an accident, for example, and suffer a TBI, it’s important to prove that a negligent party caused the accident.
- Damages: The concept behind compensation or punitive damages hinges on the fact that you’ve been affected financially. This includes hospital bills, the inability to work, ongoing rehab, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages.
There’s a lot that goes into every case, and it’s our job as Rockwood, IL, traumatic brain injury lawyers to help victims and their families get all the information they need to get compensated.
Your Rockwood, IL, Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys
If you or a family member were in an accident and have a TBI, it’s important to reach out and contact a local law firm right away. The Dixon Injury Firm has represented clients in a number of cases. It’s our duty to provide aid and to help you through the claims process or go to court if a fair settlement can’t be reached.
Whether you injured on the job, slipped and fell, were in a vehicle-related accident, or were involved in any sort of similar incident, our firm has your back. Reach out to our Rockwood, IL, traumatic brain injury lawyers today for more information. We offer free case reviews and consultations.