Truck Accident Attorney in Columbia, IL
Call a Columbia, IL, truck accident lawyer at the Dixon Injury Firm if you’ve been in an accident.
Truck Accident Attorneys in Columbia, IL. At Dixon, we provide legal counsel to victims who were injured in large truck accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm helps families in Columbia, IL, win car or truck accidents and personal injury compensation both in and out of court. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon specializes in semi- and large commercial truck accidents. It’s our goal to assist Columbia victims with veteran legal representation. Feel free to contact our truck accident attorneys now for free case review and consultation.
The truck accident attorneys in Columbia represent car accident victims in Missouri and Illinois who need legal help. Here’s some things potential clients in Columbia, IL, may need to be aware of about truck accidents and fighting a truck accident claim.
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, nearly half of all injury cases involve traffic wrecks.. 5 percent involve product liability, 15 percent medical malpractice, and the rest are considered are defined as “other.”
- Loaded semi-trucks can weigh 20-30 times more than passenger vehicles, and take much longer to brake. According to the IIHS, about 4,000 people die each year because of commercial truck accidents. In semi-truck vs. car collisions, the fatality rate is more than 90 percent, while the driver’s mortality rate is only three percent.
- Usually, insurance companies pay out 50 percent of accident fees, according to the NHTSA. The amount of reimbursement you may be able to get depends on the claim. Usually, truck accident claims in Columbia consider lost career opportunity, pain and suffering, medical expenses, rehab, and any punitive damages. Truck accident attorneys in Columbia can help you maximize your reimbursement. There may be multiple at-fault parties to seek reimbursement from.
- The average personal injury award is in the neighborhood $30,000. Product liability and medical malpractice claims are typically more expensive to defendants than motor vehicle accidents and premise liability. Tractor-trailer crashes, however, are often worth upwards of 2 million. Approximately 4,000 people die in large truck accidents each year.
- Most semi-truck accidents occur on major roads. 32 percent of fatalities in 2016 happened at freeways and interstates, and just 7% (281 fatalities) on minor roads.
- Getting legal counsel from the Dixon Injury Firm is as easy as reaching out to the Columbia truck accident attorneys at (314) 409-7060. Dixon provides 24/7 support, free consultations, and case reviews. See Dixon’s victories here.
Having settled over clients and their families, Chris Dixon has become a leading truck accident attorney in Columbia, IL. It’s important for victims and their families to get in touch with us today if you have been in a truck-related accident. The sooner you get a Columbia truck accident attorney, the sooner you can get the compensation you deserve. We are available 24/7 to Columbia clients.
Common Types of Truck Accident Cases in Columbia, IL.
There are a number of kinds of truck accident cases that happen in Columbia. According to the RMIIA, the costs of these crashes varies based on the state your in and precedents. There are hundreds of truck accidents in Missouri per year. It’s vital to call a truck accident attorney in Columbia as soon as you can. You can find a list of common types of truck accident cases:
We also handle several road construction accidents each year. On average, there are approximately 4,000 commercial truck deaths each year, which equals about 10% of all traffic-related deaths. Around 500,000 cyclists are injured with nearly 1,000 annual deaths. HG reports that nearly 75 percent of motorcycle wrecks involve other vehicles.
Rewards for Columbia Truck Accident Cases
The truck accident attorneys at Dixon have one goal: To get you and your family the compensation you deserve. Dixon’s truck accident and personal injury attorneys can help you understand how much your Columbia truck accident claim or case is worth. There are many reasons that affect the amount of reimbursement you can win for a Columbia, IL, truck accident. These include:
- Ambulance Fees
- Funeral Costs
- Pain and Suffering
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Household/Vehicle Modifications
- Lost Wages
- Loss of Career Potential
- Reduced Earning Capacity
- Loss of Joy of Life
- Punitive Damages
- Wrongful Deaths
- Court Fees
It is important to bring awareness to the fact that insurers or judges will take into consideration a victim’s current and future expenses. A fracture could turn into a much larger issue weeks after the accident, which is exactly why it’s important to hire a truck accident attorney right away.
Winning a Truck Accident Claim in Columbia, IL
Christopher Dixon is a respected Columbia truck accident lawyer. His firm has built its reputation on results. View Dixon’s recent case settlements here. Car, truck, bike, and pedestrian accident victims can expect professional legal counsel from the Dixon Injury Firm. The Dixon Injury Firm fights to win cases for our Columbia clients.
You can find a few more common questions about Columbia truck accident claims:
- How much does it cost to pursue a truck crash case? Dixon offers free legal counsel to Columbia truck accident victims. There’s no initial cost for potential clients. If you win the case, legal fees will be paid based on a percentage of the settlement.
- What is the payout if I win a truck accident case in Columbia? Your truck accident attorney will likely tell you that this number varies based on a number of factors. Comparative fault is a factor, in addition to the the sum of any medical bills, lifestyle changes, lost wages, and other expenses. Your Columbia truck accident attorney works to maximize the reward victims deserve.
- How long does it take to win a claim? This also depends on numerous factors. The sooner you start the process by contacting a truck accident attorney, the faster you can settle. The majority of cases are settled out of court, but anything that goes to trial can take longer.
- How do I begin a truck crash claim? It is simple: Contact a truck accident attorney in Columbia, IL, today at (314) 409-7060 for a free case review and consultation. There’s nothing to lose. Dixon’s truck accident attorneys are here to you and your family.
Contact Your Columbia, IL Truck Accident Attorney Today
Since there are tens of thousands of truck crashes every year, there’s a chance you may be in an incident. We’re proud to represent clients in Columbia and throughout Illinois and Missouri. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 for additional information about the services we offer and a free case consultation. The Truck Accident Attorneys in Columbia, IL, look forward to hearing from you.
Other Legal Services
In addition to representing truck accident victims, the Dixon Injury Firm has experience in a variety of other sorts of injury cases. Our firm supports Columbia victims and their families with prompt, experienced legal representation. The areas we cover include:
See below for a full list of Dixon Injury Firm’s service areas near Columbia and throughout the Greater St. Louis area. Contact Dixon if you or a family member have been injured. We have also provided Frequently Asked Questions to give you with more information about settling claims and lawsuits. Our Columbia, IL, Truck Accident Attorneys are here to help.