Truck Accident Attorney in Makanda, IL
Contact a Makanda, IL, truck accident lawyer at the Dixon Injury Firm if you’ve been in an accident.
Truck Accident Attorneys in Makanda, IL. At Dixon, we provide legal counsel to victims were injured or lost family in large truck accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm helps families in Makanda, IL, get car or truck accidents and personal injury compensation from insurance claims and lawsuits. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. We specialize in semi- and large commercial truck collisions. It is our job to assist Makanda victims and their families with experienced legal representation. You can contact our truck accident attorneys today for more information and a case review.
The Makanda truck accident attorneys help car accident victims and their families throughout Illinois and Missouri who need legal help. Here are a handful of tips victims in Makanda, IL, may need to be aware of about truck accidents and opening a truck accident claim.
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, nearly 52 percent of all personal injury claims were a result of traffic accidents.. Five percent involve product liability, 15 percent medical malpractice, and the 28 percent remaniing “other.”
- Loaded tractor-trailers weigh 20-30 times more than passenger cars, and take much longer to brake. According to the IIHS, nearly 4,000 people are killed each year due to commercial truck accidents. In semi-truck vs. car collisions, the fatality rate is more than 90 percent, while the driver’s fatality rate is only 3 percent.
- On average, insurers pay half of accident fees, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The amount of reimbursement you may be able to get depends on the claim. Usually, truck accident claims in Makanda take into consideration pain and suffering, medical expenses, rehabilitation, lost wages and career opportunity, and others. Truck accident attorneys in Makanda can help you maximize your compensation. There are often multiple at-fault parties to sue.
- The average award for an injury claim is in the neighborhood $31,000. Medical malpractice and product liability claims are usually worth more than car, truck, or other vehicle accidents. Truck accidents, on the other hand, are often worth more than a million dollars. Approximately 4,000 people are killed in large truck accidents every year.
- An overwhelming percentage of large truck accidents occur on major roads. 32 percent of fatalities in 2016 happened at freeways and interstates, and only 7% (281 deaths) on minor roads.
- Getting legal representation at the Dixon Injury Firm is as simple as reaching out to our Makanda truck accident attorneys at (314) 409-7060. Dixon provides 24/7 support, free consultations, and case reviews. Check out our recent victories here.
Having settled upwards of throughout his career, has become a leading truck accident attorney in Makanda, IL. It is crucial for victims and their families to call our firm today if you’ve been in a truck-related collision. The sooner you hire a Makanda truck accident attorney, the sooner you can get the compensation you deserve. We are available 24/7 to Makanda clients.
Common Types of Truck Accident Cases in Makanda, IL.
There’s a number of kinds of truck accidents that may happen in Makanda. According to the RMIIA, the reimbursement for these auto crashes varies based on the state your in and precedents. There are hundreds of truck wrecks annually in Missouri. It is crucial to get a truck accident attorney in Makanda as soon as possible. Here are some common types of truck accident cases:
We also handle several road construction accidents each year. All said and done, there are approximately 4,000 commercial truck fatalities each year, which equals about 10% of annual auto-related fatalities. Around 500,000 cyclists are injured with nearly 1,000 deaths annually. According to HG, nearly three-fourths of motorcycle injuries involve other vehicles.
Reimbursement for Makanda Truck Accident Claims
The truck accident attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm have a single goal in mind: To get you the reimbursement you deserve. Our lawyers can help you figure out how much your Makanda truck accident case is worth. There are several reasons a claim is worth as much as it is for a Makanda, IL, truck accident. These include:
- Ambulance Fees
- Funeral Costs
- Pain and Suffering
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Household/Vehicle Modifications
- Lost Wages
- Loss of Career Potential
- Reduced Earning Capacity
- Loss of Joy of Life
- Punitive Damages
- Wrongful Deaths
- Court Fees
It is important to point out that insurers or judges and juries will take into consideration your current and future expenses. A fracture could develop into a larger issue several months after an accident, which is precisely why it is crucial to hire a truck accident attorney.
Winning a Truck Accident Case in Makanda, IL
Christopher Dixon is a well-reviewed Makanda truck accident lawyer. His firm has built a reputation on results. See our recent case settlements here. Car, truck, bike, and pedestrian accident victims can expect professional legal representation from the Dixon Injury Firm. The Dixon Injury Firm fights to win.
Here are a few more common questions about Makanda truck accident cases:
- How much does it cost to open a truck crash claim? The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal services to Makanda truck accident victims. There is no initial cost for potential clients. If you win the case, legal fees will be paid based on a percentage of the settlement.
- How much can I win a claim? Your truck accident attorney will likely tell you that this number differs is difficult to predict without investigating the claim. Comparative fault is a factor, in addition to the the sum of any lost wages, medical expenses, and emotional harm. Your Makanda truck accident attorney will work to maximize the reward victims deserve.
- How cases take to settle? This also varies on numerous factors. The sooner you begin the process by calling a truck accident lawyer, the faster you can settle. Most cases are settled outside of court, but anything that goes to trial can take longer.
- How do I bring a truck crash case? It’s easy: Call a truck accident attorney in Makanda, IL, today at (314) 409-7060 for a free case review and consultation. You have nothing to lose. Our truck accident lawyers are here to you and your family.
Call Your Makanda, IL Truck Accident Attorney Now
There are 1000’s of truck crashes every year, you may be involved in an accident. Chris Dixon proud to represent clients and their families in Makanda and throughout Illinois and Missouri. Reach out to Chris Dixon 24/7 at (314) 409-7060 for more info about our services and a free case review. The Truck Accident Attorneys in Makanda, IL, look forward to hearing back from you.
Comprehensive Legal Services
In addition to helping truck accident victims, the Dixon Injury Firm has experience in a variety of other sorts of injury cases. Our firm supports Makanda victims with prompt, experienced legal representation. Some of the areas we cover include:
See below for a complete list of Dixon Injury Firm’s service areas near Makanda and in St. Louis and Southern Illinois. Contact us if you or a family member have been injured. We’ve also provided Frequently Asked Questions to provide you with additional info about the claims process. Our Makanda, IL, Truck Accident Attorneys can help.