Truck Crash Lawyers in Albion, IL
Contact our experienced Albion, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Albion, IL. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help these victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Please contact our Albion, IL, truck crash lawyers today for more information. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in general personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our lawyers have recovered more than $35,000,000 for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help Albion, IL, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases involving commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Albion, IL, now if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different causes for bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It is important to reach out to a truck crash attorney in Albion, IL, ASAP if you’re involved in a truck accident. Below are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight over 80,000 pounds. This reduces their braking capability, which may lead to accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that, annually year, drowsy driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers have admitted to nodding off while driving.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to swing around and hit a car or the cab itself. Dixon’s Albion truck crash lawyers will look at who is liable and help victims and their families get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large percentage of commercial truck incidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- DUI: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, almost a third of the drivers had a BAC over legal limits. Alcohol and drugs may lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Dixon’s Albion truck crash lawyers help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Other types of large truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It’s essential to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer in Albion, IL, as soon as possible if you or a family member have been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Albion
Truck crashes are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Below are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What should I do if I’m in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Albion, IL, truck crash attorneys right away. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you can get compensated.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Albion Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t accept a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are likely in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Our truck crash lawyers help Albion, IL, victims with these cases and make sure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Albion, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Albion Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on effective legal counsel. The Albion truck crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families receive just compensation for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents often result in serious injuries or fatalities. It’s important to our firm to provide grade-A legal counsel to Albion, IL, victims that have been involved in truck accidents. Feel free to contact a real and experienced Albion, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.