Truck Crash Lawyers in Altamont, IL
Contact our experienced Altamont, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Altamont, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our goal to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact Dixon’s Altamont, IL, truck crash lawyers today for a consultation and free case review. Dixon also specializes in personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help Altamont, IL, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of a commercial truck is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Altamont, IL, now if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different causes for bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It’s important to reach out to a truck crash lawyer in Altamont, IL, as soon as possible if you’re involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight over 40 tons. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which may lead to traffic accidents. These accidents often cause head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless claims about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that, in one year, fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to nodding off behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Our Altamont truck crash lawyers will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims and their families get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of commercial truck accidents and collisions. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- DUI: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, close to 30 percent of the drivers had blood alcohol content over legal limits. Alcohol and drugs may lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s Altamont truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Other common commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It’s critical to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Altamont, IL, as soon as possible if you’ve been involved in a commercial accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. You can view our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Altamont
Truck accidents are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This can complicate the process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Below are a few tips to help Altamont truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Altamont, IL, truck crash lawyers as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you can get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Altamont Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t accept a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are likely in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers help Altamont, IL, victims with these claims and ensure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Altamont, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Altamont Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Altamont truck accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injury victims and their families receive fair and just reimbursement for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Truck accidents usually result in serious injuries and death. We provide top-notch legal representation to Altamont, IL, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Feel free to contact a real and qualified Altamont, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.