Truck Crash Lawyers in Alton, IL
Contact our experienced Alton, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Alton, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It is our goal to help victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Feel free to contact Dixon’s Alton, IL, truck crash lawyers today for a consultation and free case review. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in general personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our firm has recovered more than $50 million for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Alton, IL, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people every year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Alton, IL, today if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different events that can cause bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It is crucial to reach out to a truck crash lawyer in Alton, IL, immediately if you’ve been injured or involved in a truck accident. Below are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks often weight over 40 tons. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to accidents. These accidents often cause head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless cases about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that, in one year, drowsy or fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers admit to nodding off behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs if a commercial truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Our Alton truck crash attorneys will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims and their families get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of commercial truck accidents and collisions. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- DUI: Reported by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, 29 percent of the drivers had a BAC over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs can lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Our Alton truck crash lawyers help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Other types of large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is important to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer in Alton, IL, now if you’ve been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million for clients. View our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Alton
Truck accidents are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This can complicate the legal process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Below are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What should I do if I’m in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Alton, IL, truck crash attorneys as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you can get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Alton Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to accept a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who often are in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Our truck crash lawyers help Alton, IL, victims with these types of cases and make sure clients get fair compensation. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Alton, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Alton Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Alton truck crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injured victims and their families get just compensation for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Truck accidents usually result in death or serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide experienced legal counsel to Alton, IL, victims that have been involved in truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact a real and experienced Alton, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.