Truck Crash Lawyers in Anna, IL
Contact our experienced Anna, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Anna, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It is our job to help victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Please contact Dixon’s Anna, IL, truck crash lawyers today for a free case review. We also specialize in general personal injury claims, slips and falls, workers compensation, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our firm has recovered over $35,000,000 for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Anna, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of commercial trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Anna, IL, today if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different causes for semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It’s essential to contact truck crash lawyer in Anna, IL, ASAP if you’ve been injured or involved in an accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks often weight over 80,000 pounds. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to traffic accidents. These accidents often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that, in one year, fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs if a commercial truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Our Anna truck crash attorneys will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large number of truck-related accidents and collisions. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, one-third of the drivers had a BAC over legal limits. Alcohol and drugs may lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Our Anna truck crash lawyers help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Other common large truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It is critical to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer in Anna, IL, as soon as possible if you’ve been involved in a commercial accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35 million for clients. View our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Anna
Truck crashes are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Here are a few tips to help Anna truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Anna, IL, truck crash attorneys as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you can get reimbursed.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Anna Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are often in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Our truck crash lawyers represent Anna, IL, victims with these types of cases and make sure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Anna, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Anna Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on our effective legal representation. The Anna truck crash attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families receive just reimbursement for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents usually result in serious injuries and death. We provide grade-A legal counsel to Anna, IL, residents that have been involved in large truck accidents. Feel free to reach out to a real and experienced Anna, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.