Truck Crash Lawyers in Arnold, MO
Contact our experienced Arnold, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Arnold, MO. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It is our job to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Feel free to contact Dixon’s Arnold, MO, truck crash lawyers now for more information. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in personal injury claims, slips and falls, workers compensation, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our firm has recovered over $35,000,000 for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Arnold, MO, clients get fair compensation. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of commercial trucks is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Arnold, MO, now if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different causes for bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It’s essential to reach out to a truck crash lawyer in Arnold, MO, immediately if you’re involved in an accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight more than 80,000 pounds. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to accidents. These accidents often cause head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless cases about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention claims that, in one year, fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers admit to falling asleep while driving.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Our Arnold truck crash lawyers will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims and their families get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of commercial truck wrecks. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- DUI: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related deaths each year, one-third of the drivers had a BAC over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs can lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Dixon’s Arnold truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Additional common commercial truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It’s important to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Arnold, MO, today if you’ve been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. You can view our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Arnold
Truck crashes are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Here are a few tips to help Arnold truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What should I do if I’m in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Arnold, MO, truck crash attorneys as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you can get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Arnold Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to accept a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are often in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent Arnold, MO, victims with these types of cases and ensure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Arnold, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Arnold Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on our effective legal representation. The Arnold truck accident attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injured victims and their families get fair damages for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Truck accidents usually result in death or serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide grade-A legal representation to Arnold, MO, residents that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact a real and experienced Arnold, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.