Truck Crash Lawyers in Aviston, IL
Contact our experienced Aviston, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Aviston, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It is our job to help victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. You can contact Dixon’s Aviston, IL, truck crash lawyers now for more information. Dixon also specializes in personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our firm has recovered more than $35,000,000 for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Aviston, IL, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Aviston, IL, now if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different reasons that lead to bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It is crucial to get in touch with truck crash attorney in Aviston, IL, as soon as possible if you’re involved in a truck accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks often weight over 80,000 pounds. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to accidents. These accidents often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless cases about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC reports that, annually year, drowsy or fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers have admitted to nodding off behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs if a truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Our Aviston truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large number of commercial truck accidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- DUI: Reported by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, 29 percent of the drivers had a BAC over legal limits. Drugs and alcohol can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s Aviston truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Additional common commercial truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It’s critical to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Aviston, IL, today if you or a family member have been involved in a commercial accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Aviston
Truck accidents are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This can complicate the process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Here are a few tips to help Aviston truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Aviston, IL, truck crash lawyers as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you can get reimbursed.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Aviston Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are likely in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Our truck crash lawyers represent Aviston, IL, victims with these claims and make sure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Aviston, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Aviston Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal counsel. The Aviston truck accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injury victims and their families get fair and just reimbursement for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Truck accidents typically result in serious injuries and death. It’s important to our firm to provide top-notch legal counsel to Aviston, IL, residents that have been involved in truck accidents. Feel free to contact a real and experienced Aviston, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.