Truck Crash Lawyers in Ballwin, MO
Contact our experienced Ballwin, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Ballwin, MO. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our goal to help victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. You can contact Dixon’s Ballwin, MO, truck crash lawyers now for more information. Dixon also specializes in general personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help Ballwin, MO, clients get fair compensation. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Ballwin, MO, today if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different causes for bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It’s important to get in touch with truck crash lawyer in Ballwin, MO, as soon as possible if you’ve been injured or involved in a truck accident. Below are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight over 40 tons. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to traffic accidents. These accidents often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC reports that, in a single year, drowsy driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to nodding off behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Our Ballwin truck crash lawyers will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims and their families get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large number of commercial truck wrecks. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- DUI: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related deaths each year, 29 percent of the drivers had blood alcohol content over legal limits. Alcohol and drugs can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Our Ballwin truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Other common commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is important to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer in Ballwin, MO, now if you’ve been involved in a commercial accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. You can view our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Ballwin
Truck accidents are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Below are a few tips to help Ballwin truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What should I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Ballwin, MO, truck crash attorneys as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you get compensated.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Ballwin Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are often in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent Ballwin, MO, victims with these types of claims and ensure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Ballwin, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Ballwin Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on effective legal counsel. The Ballwin truck wreck attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injury victims and their families get fair damages for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Truck accidents usually result in serious injuries and death. We provide top-notch legal representation to Ballwin, MO, residents that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to a real and qualified Ballwin, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.