Truck Crash Lawyers in Belleville, IL
Contact our experienced Belleville, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Belleville, IL. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It is our job to help victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Please contact Dixon’s Belleville, IL, truck crash lawyers today for more information. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our attorneys have recovered more than $35 million for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Belleville, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of commercial trucks is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Belleville, IL, now if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different reasons that lead to bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It’s essential to reach out to a truck crash attorney in Belleville, IL, ASAP if you’re involved in a truck accident. Here are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks can weight more than 80,000 pounds. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which can lead to accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless cases about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that, in a single year, drowsy or fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers have admitted to nodding off behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs if a truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Our Belleville truck crash attorneys will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims and their families get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large percentage of commercial truck accidents and collisions. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- Driving Under the Influence: Reported by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, close to 30 percent of the drivers had blood alcohol content over legal limits. Drugs and alcohol may lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Dixon’s Belleville truck crash lawyers help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Additional common large truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It is important to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer in Belleville, IL, as soon as possible if you’ve been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Belleville
Truck accidents are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This can complicate the legal process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Here are a few tips to help Belleville truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Belleville, IL, truck crash lawyers right away. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you get compensated.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you do? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Belleville Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to take a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who often are in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers help Belleville, IL, victims with these types of claims and ensure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Belleville, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Belleville Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Belleville truck accident attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injury victims and their families get just reimbursement for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents usually result in serious injuries or fatalities. It’s important to our firm to provide experienced legal representation to Belleville, IL, residents that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to an actual and qualified Belleville, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.