Truck Crash Lawyers in Bethalto, IL
Contact our experienced Bethalto, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Bethalto, IL. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It’s our goal to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. You can contact our Bethalto, IL, truck crash lawyers today for more information. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in personal injury claims, slips and falls, workers compensation, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our lawyers have recovered more than $35 million for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help Bethalto, IL, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of commercial trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Bethalto, IL, now if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different reasons that lead to bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It is essential to contact truck crash lawyer in Bethalto, IL, ASAP if you or a family member were involved in a truck accident. Below are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks can weight more than 40 tons. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to traffic accidents. These truck crashes often cause head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless cases about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC reports that, annually year, drowsy driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers admit to nodding off behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Our Bethalto truck crash attorneys will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims and their families get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large number of truck-related wrecks. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- Driving Under the Influence: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related deaths each year, almost a third of the drivers had a BAC over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s Bethalto truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Other common commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is important to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer in Bethalto, IL, now if you’ve been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35 million for clients. You can view our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Bethalto
Truck accidents are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Here are a few tips to help Bethalto truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Bethalto, IL, truck crash lawyers as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you can get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you do? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Bethalto Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who often are in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers help Bethalto, IL, victims with these claims and make sure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Bethalto, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Bethalto Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Bethalto truck wreck lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injured victims and their families get fair and just damages for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents usually result in serious injuries or fatalities. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide experienced legal representation to Bethalto, IL, residents that have been involved in truck accidents. Feel free to reach out to an actual and qualified Bethalto, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.