Truck Crash Lawyers in Bond County, IL
Contact our experienced Bond County, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Bond County, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It is our goal to help victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact our Bond County, IL, truck crash lawyers now for more information. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our firm has recovered more than $50 million for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Bond County, IL, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people every year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of commercial trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Bond County, IL, today if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different events that can cause bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It’s essential to reach out to a truck crash lawyer in Bond County, IL, as soon as possible if you or a family member were involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks often weight more than 80,000 pounds. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which may lead to accidents. These accidents often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless cases about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC reports that, in one year, drowsy driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers admit to nodding off while driving.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs if a commercial truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to swing around and hit a car or the cab itself. Our Bond County truck crash lawyers will look at who is liable and help victims and their families get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large number of truck-related incidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- DUI: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, almost a third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over legal limits. Alcohol and drugs may lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Our Bond County truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Additional types of large truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It’s essential to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer in Bond County, IL, today if you’ve been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million for clients. You can view our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Bond County
Truck accidents are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Here are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What should I do if I’m in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Bond County, IL, truck crash lawyers as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you can get compensated.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Bond County Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t accept a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are often in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent Bond County, IL, victims with these types of cases and make sure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Bond County, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Bond County Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on effective legal counsel. The Bond County truck accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families get fair and just compensation for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Truck accidents often result in serious injuries or fatalities. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide grade-A legal representation to Bond County, IL, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact an actual and qualified Bond County, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.