Truck Crash Lawyers in Boonville, MO
Contact our experienced Boonville, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Boonville, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Please contact our Boonville, MO, truck crash lawyers today for a free case review. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in general personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our attorneys have recovered over $35 million for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Boonville, MO, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people per year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of commercial trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Boonville, MO, today if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different events that can cause bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It’s crucial to contact truck crash attorney in Boonville, MO, as soon as possible if you’ve been injured or involved in a truck accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks often weight more than 40 tons. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which may lead to traffic accidents. These accidents often cause head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention claims that, annually year, fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers have admitted to nodding off behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Our Boonville truck crash attorneys will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large percentage of commercial truck accidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: According to the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related deaths each year, close to 30 percent of the drivers had blood alcohol content over the legal limit. Drugs and alcohol may lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Our Boonville truck crash lawyers help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Other common commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It’s essential to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer in Boonville, MO, today if you or a family member have been involved in a commercial accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Boonville
Truck accidents are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Below are a few tips to help Boonville truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Boonville, MO, truck crash attorneys right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Boonville Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who often are in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers help Boonville, MO, victims with these cases and ensure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Boonville, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Boonville Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on our effective legal counsel. The Boonville truck crash attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injured victims and their families get fair compensation for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents usually result in serious injuries or fatalities. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide grade-A legal counsel to Boonville, MO, victims that have been involved in truck accidents. Feel free to reach out to a real and experienced Boonville, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.