Truck Crash Lawyers in Brentwood, MO
Contact our experienced Brentwood, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Brentwood, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It is our job to help these victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Please contact Dixon’s Brentwood, MO, truck crash lawyers now for more information. We also specialize in general personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered over $50 million for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help Brentwood, MO, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Brentwood, MO, today if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different reasons that lead to bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It’s important to get in touch with truck crash attorney in Brentwood, MO, immediately if you or a family member were involved in an accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks can weight more than 40 tons. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to accidents. These accidents often cause head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that, in a single year, fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers have admitted to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs if a commercial truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Dixon’s Brentwood truck crash lawyers will look at who is liable and help victims get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of truck-related accidents. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- DUI: Reported by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, almost a third of the drivers had a BAC over legal limits. Drugs and alcohol may lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Our Brentwood truck crash lawyers help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Other types of commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is essential to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer in Brentwood, MO, today if you or a family member have been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Brentwood
Truck accidents are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This can complicate the legal process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Here are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Brentwood, MO, truck crash lawyers as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you can get reimbursed.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Brentwood Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who often are in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Our truck crash lawyers represent Brentwood, MO, victims with these cases and ensure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Brentwood, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Brentwood Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Brentwood truck wreck attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injured victims and their families get just reimbursement for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Truck accidents often result in death or serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide experienced legal counsel to Brentwood, MO, victims that have been involved in truck accidents. Feel free to reach out to an actual and qualified Brentwood, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.