Truck Crash Lawyers in Bridgeton, MO
Contact our experienced Bridgeton, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Bridgeton, MO. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Feel free to contact Dixon’s Bridgeton, MO, truck crash lawyers today for a free case review. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in general personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our lawyers have recovered more than $35,000,000 for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Bridgeton, MO, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of a commercial truck is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Bridgeton, MO, today if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different events that can cause bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It is essential to reach out to a truck crash attorney in Bridgeton, MO, ASAP if you’ve been injured or involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks often weight over 40 tons. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which may lead to traffic accidents. These truck crashes often cause head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention claims that, in one year, drowsy or fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to falling asleep while driving.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to swing around and hit a car or the cab itself. Our Bridgeton truck crash lawyers will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims and their families get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large number of truck-related accidents and collisions. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- DUI: According to the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, one-third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs may lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s Bridgeton truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Other types of commercial truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It is critical to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Bridgeton, MO, today if you’ve been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Bridgeton
Truck crashes are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Here are a few tips to help Bridgeton truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Bridgeton, MO, truck crash lawyers right away. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you get compensated.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you do? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Bridgeton Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to accept a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are likely in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Our truck crash lawyers represent Bridgeton, MO, victims with these types of cases and make sure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Bridgeton, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Bridgeton Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Bridgeton truck crash lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families get just compensation for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents typically result in serious injuries or fatalities. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide grade-A legal counsel to Bridgeton, MO, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Feel free to reach out to a real and qualified Bridgeton, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.