Truck Crash Lawyers in Calhoun County, IL
Contact our experienced Calhoun County, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Calhoun County, IL. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our goal to help these victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Please contact Dixon’s Calhoun County, IL, truck crash lawyers now for a free case review. We also specialize in general personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our firm has recovered more than $35,000,000 for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help Calhoun County, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Calhoun County, IL, today if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different reasons that lead to semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It’s crucial to contact truck crash attorney in Calhoun County, IL, immediately if you’ve been injured or involved in a truck accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight more than 80,000 pounds. This reduces their braking capability, which may lead to traffic accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless cases about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that, in one year, drowsy driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers admit to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Dixon’s Calhoun County truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large number of commercial truck accidents and collisions. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- DUI: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus truck-related deaths each year, almost a third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over legal limits. Alcohol and drugs may lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Our Calhoun County truck crash lawyers help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Other common large truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It is critical to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer in Calhoun County, IL, now if you’ve been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Calhoun County
Truck accidents are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This can complicate the process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Below are a few tips to help Calhoun County truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Calhoun County, IL, truck crash lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you get reimbursed.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Calhoun County Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t accept a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who often are in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability. Our truck crash lawyers represent Calhoun County, IL, victims with these claims and make sure clients get fair compensation. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Calhoun County, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Calhoun County Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on our effective legal counsel. The Calhoun County truck crash attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents usually result in serious injuries and death. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide grade-A legal representation to Calhoun County, IL, residents that have been involved in truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact an actual and experienced Calhoun County, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.