Truck Crash Lawyers in Campbell Hill, IL
Contact our experienced Campbell Hill, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Campbell Hill, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact Dixon’s Campbell Hill, IL, truck crash lawyers today for more information. We also specialize in personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered over $50 million for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help Campbell Hill, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people per year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of commercial trucks is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Campbell Hill, IL, today if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different events that can cause bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It is essential to get in touch with truck crash lawyer in Campbell Hill, IL, as soon as possible if you’ve been injured or involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks can weight more than 40 tons. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to traffic accidents. These accidents often cause head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless cases about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC claims that, in a single year, fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers admit to nodding off while driving.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs if a truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Our Campbell Hill truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large percentage of commercial truck incidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: Reported by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus truck-related deaths each year, almost a third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over the legal limit. Drugs and alcohol can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Our Campbell Hill truck crash lawyers help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Additional types of commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is important to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Campbell Hill, IL, today if you’ve been involved in a commercial accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million for clients. View our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Campbell Hill
Truck crashes are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Below are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Campbell Hill, IL, truck crash attorneys right away. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Campbell Hill Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to take a settlement right away. Insurers will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are likely in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Our truck crash lawyers help Campbell Hill, IL, victims with these types of claims and ensure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Campbell Hill, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Campbell Hill Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Campbell Hill truck wreck attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families get just reimbursement for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents usually result in death or serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide experienced legal representation to Campbell Hill, IL, victims that have been involved in truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact a real and qualified Campbell Hill, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.