Truck Crash Lawyers in Carbondale, IL
Contact our experienced Carbondale, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Carbondale, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It is our goal to help these victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Feel free to contact Dixon’s Carbondale, IL, truck crash lawyers now for more information. Dixon also specializes in personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our attorneys have recovered more than $35 million for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Carbondale, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases involving commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Carbondale, IL, today if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different events that can cause bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It is essential to reach out to a truck crash lawyer in Carbondale, IL, immediately if you or a family member were involved in a truck accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks often weight more than 40 tons. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to accidents. These accidents often result in head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless claims about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention claims that, in one year, drowsy driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers have admitted to falling asleep while driving.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs if a commercial truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to swing around and hit a car or the cab itself. Our Carbondale truck crash lawyers will look at who is liable and help victims get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large percentage of commercial truck accidents. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- Driving Under the Influence: Reported by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, one-third of the drivers had a BAC over legal limits. Drugs and alcohol can lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Our Carbondale truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Additional types of large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It’s critical to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Carbondale, IL, now if you or a family member have been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Carbondale
Truck accidents are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This can complicate the process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Below are a few tips to help Carbondale truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Carbondale, IL, truck crash lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you get reimbursed.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you do? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Carbondale Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are often in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent Carbondale, IL, victims with these types of cases and make sure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Carbondale, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Carbondale Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on our effective legal counsel. The Carbondale truck wreck lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families receive fair and just reimbursement for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents typically result in death or serious injury. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide experienced legal representation to Carbondale, IL, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to a real and qualified Carbondale, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.