Truck Crash Lawyers in Cave-in-Rock, IL
Contact our experienced Cave-in-Rock, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Cave-in-Rock, IL. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our goal to help these victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Feel free to contact our Cave-in-Rock, IL, truck crash lawyers now for more information. We also specialize in general personal injury claims, slips and falls, workers compensation, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our attorneys have recovered over $35 million for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Cave-in-Rock, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of a commercial truck is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Cave-in-Rock, IL, today if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different causes for semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It is essential to contact truck crash lawyer in Cave-in-Rock, IL, ASAP if you’ve been injured or involved in a truck accident. Below are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight more than 80,000 pounds. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to traffic accidents. These accidents often cause head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention claims that, in one year, fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers have admitted to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Dixon’s Cave-in-Rock truck crash attorneys will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of commercial truck wrecks. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- Driving Under the Influence: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, 29 percent of the drivers had blood alcohol content over the legal limit. Drugs and alcohol can lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Dixon’s Cave-in-Rock truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Additional types of large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It’s important to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer in Cave-in-Rock, IL, as soon as possible if you’ve been involved in a commercial accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35 million for clients. View our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Cave-in-Rock
Truck crashes are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Below are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Cave-in-Rock, IL, truck crash attorneys as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Cave-in-Rock Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who often are in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers help Cave-in-Rock, IL, victims with these types of claims and make sure clients get fair compensation. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Cave-in-Rock, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Cave-in-Rock Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal counsel. The Cave-in-Rock truck wreck attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injury victims and their families get fair compensation for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents often result in serious injuries and death. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide grade-A legal counsel to Cave-in-Rock, IL, victims that have been involved in truck accidents. Feel free to contact an actual and experienced Cave-in-Rock, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.