Truck Crash Lawyers in Centralia, MO
Contact our experienced Centralia, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Centralia, MO. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It is our goal to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact Dixon’s Centralia, MO, truck crash lawyers today for more information. Dixon also specializes in personal injury claims, slips and falls, workers compensation, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our firm has recovered over $35 million for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help Centralia, MO, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of commercial trucks is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Centralia, MO, today if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different causes for bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It is essential to contact truck crash attorney in Centralia, MO, immediately if you or a family member were involved in a truck accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks can weight more than 40 tons. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which can lead to traffic accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless cases about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that, in a single year, drowsy or fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to falling asleep while driving.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs if a truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Our Centralia truck crash lawyers will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims and their families get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large percentage of truck-related incidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, one-third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over legal limits. Alcohol and drugs can lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Dixon’s Centralia truck crash lawyers help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Other types of large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It’s critical to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Centralia, MO, today if you or a family member have been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Centralia
Truck accidents are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Here are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Centralia, MO, truck crash attorneys right away. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Centralia Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t accept a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are likely in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers help Centralia, MO, victims with these types of cases and make sure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Centralia, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Centralia Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Centralia truck wreck attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injured victims and their families get just damages for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents often result in serious injuries or fatalities. We provide grade-A legal counsel to Centralia, MO, residents that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to a real and qualified Centralia, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.