Truck Crash Lawyers in Chamois, MO
Contact our experienced Chamois, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Chamois, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It is our job to help these victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Please contact our Chamois, MO, truck crash lawyers today for a consultation and free case review. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our attorneys have recovered over $35,000,000 for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Chamois, MO, clients get fair compensation. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases involving commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Chamois, MO, today if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different causes for bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It’s crucial to get in touch with truck crash lawyer in Chamois, MO, immediately if you or a family member were involved in a truck accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks often weight over 80,000 pounds. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which may lead to traffic accidents. These truck crashes often cause head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless claims about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that, annually year, drowsy or fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers admit to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Our Chamois truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of commercial truck incidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- Driving Under the Influence: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, 29 percent of the drivers had a BAC over legal limits. Drugs and alcohol can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Our Chamois truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Other types of commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It’s critical to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer in Chamois, MO, today if you or a family member have been involved in a commercial accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. View our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Chamois
Truck crashes are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Below are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What should I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Chamois, MO, truck crash attorneys right away. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Chamois Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to accept a settlement right away. Insurers will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are often in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Our truck crash lawyers help Chamois, MO, victims with these types of claims and ensure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Chamois, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Chamois Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on our effective legal representation. The Chamois truck accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injured victims and their families receive fair damages for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents often result in serious injuries and death. It’s important to our firm to provide grade-A legal representation to Chamois, MO, residents that have been involved in truck accidents. Feel free to contact a real and experienced Chamois, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.