Truck Crash Lawyers in Clayton, MO
Contact our experienced Clayton, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Clayton, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our goal to help these victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Feel free to contact our Clayton, MO, truck crash lawyers today for a free case review. We also specialize in general personal injury claims, slips and falls, workers compensation, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Clayton, MO, clients get fair compensation. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people every year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of a commercial truck is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Clayton, MO, today if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different events that can cause semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It’s important to contact truck crash lawyer in Clayton, MO, as soon as possible if you’ve been injured or involved in a truck accident. Below are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight over 80,000 pounds. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which can lead to accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless cases about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention claims that, annually year, drowsy or fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers have admitted to nodding off while driving.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs if a truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Our Clayton truck crash attorneys will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large number of commercial truck incidents. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- DUI: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, one-third of the drivers had a BAC over the legal limit. Drugs and alcohol can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Our Clayton truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Other types of commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It’s important to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer in Clayton, MO, today if you’ve been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Clayton
Truck crashes are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This can complicate the process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Here are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Clayton, MO, truck crash attorneys as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Clayton Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to accept a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are likely in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Our truck crash lawyers represent Clayton, MO, victims with these claims and make sure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Clayton, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Clayton Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on our effective legal representation. The Clayton truck wreck attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families get fair and just compensation for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Truck accidents typically result in death or serious injury. It’s important to our firm to provide top-notch legal representation to Clayton, MO, victims that have been involved in truck accidents. Feel free to reach out to a real and qualified Clayton, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.