Truck Crash Lawyers in Clinton County, IL
Contact our experienced Clinton County, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Clinton County, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It is our job to help these victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Please contact Dixon’s Clinton County, IL, truck crash lawyers today for a consultation and free case review. Dixon also specializes in personal injury claims, slips and falls, workers compensation, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our firm has recovered more than $35,000,000 for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Clinton County, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Clinton County, IL, today if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different events that can cause bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It’s crucial to get in touch with truck crash lawyer in Clinton County, IL, as soon as possible if you’ve been injured or involved in a truck accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks often weight more than 80,000 pounds. This reduces their braking capability, which may lead to traffic accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless cases about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC reports that, in a single year, drowsy or fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers have admitted to falling asleep while driving.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Our Clinton County truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large number of truck-related wrecks. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- DUI: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, one-third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over the legal limit. Drugs and alcohol can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s Clinton County truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Other common large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is essential to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer in Clinton County, IL, as soon as possible if you or a family member have been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Clinton County
Truck crashes are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This can complicate the process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Here are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Clinton County, IL, truck crash lawyers right away. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you can get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Clinton County Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to accept a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are often in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers help Clinton County, IL, victims with these types of cases and make sure clients get fair compensation. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Clinton County, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Clinton County Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on our effective legal counsel. The Clinton County truck accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injured victims and their families receive just damages for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents typically result in serious injuries and death. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide top-notch legal counsel to Clinton County, IL, residents that have been involved in large truck accidents. Feel free to reach out to a real and experienced Clinton County, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.