Truck Crash Lawyers in Cobden, IL
Contact our experienced Cobden, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Cobden, IL. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It’s our goal to help victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Feel free to contact our Cobden, IL, truck crash lawyers today for a free case review. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Cobden, IL, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Cobden, IL, today if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different events that can cause bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It’s crucial to get in touch with truck crash attorney in Cobden, IL, ASAP if you or a family member were involved in an accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight over 80,000 pounds. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention claims that, in one year, drowsy or fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs when a truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Our Cobden truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large number of truck-related wrecks. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: According to the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, one-third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over legal limits. Drugs and alcohol can lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Dixon’s Cobden truck crash lawyers help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Additional common commercial truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It’s important to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer in Cobden, IL, as soon as possible if you’ve been involved in a commercial accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Cobden
Truck crashes are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This can complicate the legal process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Here are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What should I do if I’m in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Cobden, IL, truck crash lawyers as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you can get reimbursed.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Cobden Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t accept a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who often are in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Our truck crash lawyers help Cobden, IL, victims with these types of cases and make sure clients get fair compensation. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Cobden, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Cobden Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on our effective legal counsel. The Cobden truck wreck attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injured victims and their families get just compensation for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents typically result in serious injuries and death. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide grade-A legal counsel to Cobden, IL, victims that have been involved in truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact an actual and qualified Cobden, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.