Truck Crash Lawyers in Cottleville, MO
Contact our experienced Cottleville, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Cottleville, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It is our goal to help victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact our Cottleville, MO, truck crash lawyers now for a free case review. We also specialize in general personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help Cottleville, MO, clients get fair compensation. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Cottleville, MO, today if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different reasons that lead to semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It’s important to reach out to a truck crash lawyer in Cottleville, MO, ASAP if you or a family member were involved in an accident. Here are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks often weight more than 80,000 pounds. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which may lead to accidents. These accidents often result in head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless claims about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC reports that, in one year, drowsy driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to nodding off while driving.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs if a truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to swing around and hit a car or the cab itself. Dixon’s Cottleville truck crash lawyers will look at who is liable and help victims and their families get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large number of truck-related accidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, close to 30 percent of the drivers had a BAC over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Our Cottleville truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Additional common large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is critical to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer in Cottleville, MO, now if you or a family member have been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Cottleville
Truck accidents are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This can complicate the process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Here are a few tips to help Cottleville truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Cottleville, MO, truck crash lawyers as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you can get compensated.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you do? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Cottleville Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are likely in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers help Cottleville, MO, victims with these cases and make sure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Cottleville, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Cottleville Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Cottleville truck accident attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injured victims and their families receive fair reimbursement for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents often result in death or serious injury. We provide experienced legal counsel to Cottleville, MO, residents that have been involved in truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to an actual and experienced Cottleville, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.