Truck Crash Lawyers in Creve Coeur, MO
Contact our experienced Creve Coeur, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Creve Coeur, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It is our job to help these victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact Dixon’s Creve Coeur, MO, truck crash lawyers today for a free case review. Dixon also specializes in general personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help Creve Coeur, MO, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Creve Coeur, MO, now if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different causes for semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It’s essential to contact truck crash lawyer in Creve Coeur, MO, as soon as possible if you or a family member were involved in a truck accident. Below are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks often weight over 40 tons. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless cases about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that, in one year, drowsy or fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers have admitted to nodding off while driving.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Our Creve Coeur truck crash lawyers will look at who is liable and help victims get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large number of commercial truck incidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- Driving Under the Influence: According to the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, 29 percent of the drivers had blood alcohol content over legal limits. Drugs and alcohol can lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Dixon’s Creve Coeur truck crash lawyers help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Other types of commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is critical to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer in Creve Coeur, MO, today if you’ve been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. You can view our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Creve Coeur
Truck crashes are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This can complicate the process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Here are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Creve Coeur, MO, truck crash lawyers right away. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Creve Coeur Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to accept a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are likely in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Our truck crash lawyers represent Creve Coeur, MO, victims with these types of claims and ensure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Creve Coeur, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Creve Coeur Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on our effective legal counsel. The Creve Coeur truck accident attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injury victims and their families get just reimbursement for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents often result in serious injuries or fatalities. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide grade-A legal representation to Creve Coeur, MO, victims that have been involved in truck accidents. Feel free to contact an actual and experienced Creve Coeur, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.