Truck Crash Lawyers in Crossville, IL
Contact our experienced Crossville, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Crossville, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help these victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Please contact our Crossville, IL, truck crash lawyers today for a free case review. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our lawyers have recovered more than $50 million for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Crossville, IL, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people per year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Crossville, IL, now if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different events that can cause bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It’s crucial to reach out to a truck crash lawyer in Crossville, IL, as soon as possible if you or a family member were involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight more than 80,000 pounds. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which may lead to accidents. These accidents often cause head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC reports that, annually year, fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs if a truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Dixon’s Crossville truck crash lawyers will look at who is liable and help victims and their families get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large number of truck-related incidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- DUI: According to the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, one-third of the drivers had a BAC over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs can lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Dixon’s Crossville truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Other common commercial truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It is important to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Crossville, IL, now if you’ve been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Crossville
Truck accidents are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Here are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Crossville, IL, truck crash lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you can get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Crossville Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are often in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Our truck crash lawyers help Crossville, IL, victims with these claims and make sure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Crossville, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Crossville Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Crossville truck crash attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injury victims and their families get fair and just compensation for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents often result in death or serious injury. It’s important to our firm to provide top-notch legal representation to Crossville, IL, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to an actual and experienced Crossville, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.