Truck Crash Lawyers in Dardenne Prairie, MO
Contact our experienced Dardenne Prairie, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Dardenne Prairie, MO. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help these victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Feel free to contact our Dardenne Prairie, MO, truck crash lawyers now for a free case review. We also specialize in personal injury claims, slips and falls, workers compensation, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our lawyers have recovered over $50 million for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Dardenne Prairie, MO, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people every year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases involving commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Dardenne Prairie, MO, today if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different causes for bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It’s crucial to contact truck crash lawyer in Dardenne Prairie, MO, as soon as possible if you’ve been injured or involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks often weight over 40 tons. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which can lead to traffic accidents. These accidents often cause head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless claims about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC reports that, annually year, drowsy or fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers have admitted to nodding off behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs when a truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to swing around and hit a car or the cab itself. Our Dardenne Prairie truck crash attorneys will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large percentage of commercial truck wrecks. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, one-third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over legal limits. Drugs and alcohol can lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Dixon’s Dardenne Prairie truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Additional common commercial truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It is critical to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Dardenne Prairie, MO, today if you’ve been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Dardenne Prairie
Truck accidents are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Here are a few tips to help Dardenne Prairie truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Dardenne Prairie, MO, truck crash attorneys as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you can get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you do? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Dardenne Prairie Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who often are in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent Dardenne Prairie, MO, victims with these cases and ensure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Dardenne Prairie, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Dardenne Prairie Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on effective legal counsel. The Dardenne Prairie truck accident attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injury victims and their families receive fair and just compensation for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Truck accidents often result in serious injuries or fatalities. It’s important to our firm to provide experienced legal counsel to Dardenne Prairie, MO, residents that have been involved in truck accidents. Feel free to reach out to an actual and experienced Dardenne Prairie, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.