Truck Crash Lawyers in De Soto, MO
Contact our experienced De Soto, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in De Soto, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Feel free to contact our De Soto, MO, truck crash lawyers now for a free case review. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our attorneys have recovered over $35 million for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help De Soto, MO, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of commercial trucks is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in De Soto, MO, today if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different causes for semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It is important to get in touch with truck crash lawyer in De Soto, MO, immediately if you’re involved in an accident. Here are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks often weight more than 40 tons. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to accidents. These truck crashes often cause head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC reports that, in one year, drowsy driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers have admitted to falling asleep while driving.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Dixon’s De Soto truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of truck-related accidents. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- Driving Under the Influence: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, almost a third of the drivers had a BAC over the legal limit. Drugs and alcohol may lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Our De Soto truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Additional types of commercial truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It’s critical to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer in De Soto, MO, as soon as possible if you or a family member have been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. You can view our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in De Soto
Truck accidents are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This can complicate the legal process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Below are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our De Soto, MO, truck crash lawyers as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you get reimbursed.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your De Soto Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to take a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are often in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent De Soto, MO, victims with these types of cases and make sure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our De Soto, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our De Soto Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on our effective legal representation. The De Soto truck accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injury victims and their families receive fair and just compensation for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents usually result in serious injuries or fatalities. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide experienced legal representation to De Soto, MO, residents that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to an actual and experienced De Soto, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.