Truck Crash Lawyers in Dieterich, IL
Contact our experienced Dieterich, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Dieterich, IL. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It is our job to help victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. You can contact Dixon’s Dieterich, IL, truck crash lawyers today for a free case review. We also specialize in personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our lawyers have recovered over $35,000,000 for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help Dieterich, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people every year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of a commercial truck is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Dieterich, IL, today if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different events that can cause semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It is essential to reach out to a truck crash attorney in Dieterich, IL, as soon as possible if you or a family member were involved in an accident. Here are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks often weight more than 40 tons. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to traffic accidents. These truck crashes often cause head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless cases about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention claims that, annually year, fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers have admitted to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs if a commercial truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Our Dieterich truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims and their families get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large percentage of commercial truck accidents. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related deaths each year, one-third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs can lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Dixon’s Dieterich truck crash lawyers help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Other common large truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It’s critical to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Dieterich, IL, today if you or a family member have been involved in a commercial accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. You can view our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Dieterich
Truck crashes are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Below are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Dieterich, IL, truck crash lawyers as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you can get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Dieterich Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are likely in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent Dieterich, IL, victims with these claims and ensure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Dieterich, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Dieterich Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Dieterich truck accident attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injured victims and their families get fair compensation for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Truck accidents typically result in serious injuries and death. We provide top-notch legal representation to Dieterich, IL, residents that have been involved in truck accidents. Feel free to reach out to a real and qualified Dieterich, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.