Truck Crash Lawyers in Dix, IL
Contact our experienced Dix, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Dix, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It’s our goal to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact Dixon’s Dix, IL, truck crash lawyers now for a free case review. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our attorneys have recovered over $35,000,000 for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Dix, IL, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of commercial trucks is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Dix, IL, today if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different causes for semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It’s crucial to get in touch with truck crash lawyer in Dix, IL, immediately if you’re involved in an accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks can weight more than 40 tons. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which may lead to traffic accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that, in a single year, fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers have admitted to falling asleep while driving.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs if a commercial truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Our Dix truck crash lawyers will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of commercial truck incidents. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- DUI: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, 29 percent of the drivers had a BAC over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s Dix truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Additional common commercial truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It’s important to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Dix, IL, now if you or a family member have been involved in a commercial accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Dix
Truck crashes are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Below are a few tips to help Dix truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Dix, IL, truck crash attorneys right away. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you can get reimbursed.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A skilled car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Dix Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are likely in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Our truck crash lawyers represent Dix, IL, victims with these types of claims and ensure clients get fair compensation. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Dix, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Dix Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Dix truck accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injury victims and their families receive fair and just compensation for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents typically result in death or serious injury. It’s important to our firm to provide top-notch legal counsel to Dix, IL, residents that have been involved in truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact a real and experienced Dix, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.