Truck Crash Lawyers in Du Bois, IL
Contact our experienced Du Bois, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Du Bois, IL. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help these victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. You can contact our Du Bois, IL, truck crash lawyers today for a consultation and free case review. We also specialize in general personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our lawyers have recovered more than $50 million for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Du Bois, IL, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Du Bois, IL, now if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different events that can cause bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It is essential to get in touch with truck crash lawyer in Du Bois, IL, ASAP if you or a family member were involved in an accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight more than 80,000 pounds. This reduces their braking capability, which may lead to accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention claims that, annually year, drowsy driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to falling asleep while driving.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Dixon’s Du Bois truck crash lawyers will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims and their families get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of truck-related accidents. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- DUI: According to the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related deaths each year, close to 30 percent of the drivers had blood alcohol content over the legal limit. Drugs and alcohol can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Our Du Bois truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Other common commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It’s important to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer in Du Bois, IL, now if you or a family member have been involved in a commercial accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million for clients. You can view our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Du Bois
Truck crashes are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the legal process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Below are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Du Bois, IL, truck crash lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you’re under financial pressure. A qualified car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement includes special and general damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Du Bois Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t accept a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are likely in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent Du Bois, IL, victims with these types of claims and make sure clients get fair compensation. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Du Bois, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Du Bois Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal counsel. The Du Bois truck accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injury victims and their families receive fair compensation for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Truck accidents usually result in serious injuries and death. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide top-notch legal representation to Du Bois, IL, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to a real and qualified Du Bois, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.