Truck Crash Lawyers in Edwardsville, IL
Contact our experienced Edwardsville, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Edwardsville, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It is our goal to help victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Please contact our Edwardsville, IL, truck crash lawyers now for more information. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in general personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our lawyers have recovered over $35,000,000 for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Edwardsville, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of a commercial truck is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases involving large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Edwardsville, IL, now if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different reasons that lead to semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It is important to reach out to a truck crash attorney in Edwardsville, IL, ASAP if you or a family member were involved in an accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight more than 80,000 pounds. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which can lead to accidents. These truck crashes often cause head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that, in a single year, fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers admit to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs if a commercial truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Our Edwardsville truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large number of truck-related wrecks. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- DUI: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related deaths each year, close to 30 percent of the drivers had a BAC over the legal limit. Drugs and alcohol can lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Dixon’s Edwardsville truck crash lawyers help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Additional common large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is critical to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Edwardsville, IL, now if you’ve been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Edwardsville
Truck accidents are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Below are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What should I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Edwardsville, IL, truck crash attorneys as soon as possible. The sooner you begin the process, the faster you can get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement includes general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you do? We take cases that involve medical malpractice, workers compensation, personal injury, car and truck accidents, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Edwardsville Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurers and negligent parties will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are often in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability. Our truck crash lawyers represent Edwardsville, IL, victims with these claims and make sure clients get fair compensation. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Edwardsville, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Edwardsville Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on effective legal counsel. The Edwardsville truck accident attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families receive fair and just reimbursement for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Here are a few links if you’re looking for more information:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents usually result in serious injuries and death. It’s important to our firm to provide grade-A legal representation to Edwardsville, IL, residents that have been involved in large truck accidents. Feel free to reach out to a real and qualified Edwardsville, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.