Truck Crash Lawyers in Effingham, IL
Contact our experienced Effingham, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Effingham, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our goal to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact Dixon’s Effingham, IL, truck crash lawyers now for a free case review. Dixon also specializes in personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our attorneys have recovered more than $50 million for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Effingham, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Effingham, IL, now if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different reasons that lead to bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It is crucial to contact truck crash lawyer in Effingham, IL, ASAP if you’re involved in a truck accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight over 80,000 pounds. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to traffic accidents. These accidents often cause head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC claims that, annually year, drowsy or fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to falling asleep while driving.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Our Effingham truck crash attorneys will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large number of truck-related accidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- DUI: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, almost a third of the drivers had a BAC over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs may lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s Effingham truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Other common commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is important to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer in Effingham, IL, now if you’ve been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. View our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Effingham
Truck crashes are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This can complicate the legal process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Below are a few tips to help Effingham truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Effingham, IL, truck crash attorneys as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you get reimbursed.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified car crash attorney will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases does the Dixon Injury Firm take? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Effingham Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to take a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are likely in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Our truck crash lawyers represent Effingham, IL, victims with these cases and make sure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Effingham, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Effingham Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on our effective legal counsel. The Effingham truck wreck lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families get fair and just reimbursement for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Truck accidents often result in serious injuries or fatalities. We provide top-notch legal representation to Effingham, IL, residents that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to a real and experienced Effingham, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.