Truck Crash Lawyers in Fairview Heights, IL
Contact our experienced Fairview Heights, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Fairview Heights, IL. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our goal to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. You can contact our Fairview Heights, IL, truck crash lawyers now for a consultation and free case review. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our lawyers have recovered over $35 million for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help Fairview Heights, IL, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover wrongful death, how to get an attorney, common types of accidents, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Fairview Heights, IL, now if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are several different reasons that lead to semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It is crucial to reach out to a truck crash lawyer in Fairview Heights, IL, immediately if you’re involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight more than 40 tons. This reduces their braking capability, which may lead to traffic accidents. These accidents often cause head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless cases about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC claims that, in one year, drowsy driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to falling asleep while driving.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs when a truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Dixon’s Fairview Heights truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims and their families get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large percentage of truck-related incidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: According to the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related deaths each year, 29 percent of the drivers had blood alcohol content over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs may lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Our Fairview Heights truck crash lawyers help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Other types of commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is essential to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Fairview Heights, IL, today if you or a family member have been involved in a commercial accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $35 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Fairview Heights
Truck accidents are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This can complicate the legal process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Below are a few tips to help Fairview Heights truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Fairview Heights, IL, truck crash lawyers right away. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Fairview Heights Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t accept a settlement right away. Insurers will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are often in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability. Our truck crash lawyers represent Fairview Heights, IL, victims with these cases and make sure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Fairview Heights, IL, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Fairview Heights Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal counsel. The Fairview Heights truck accident attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injury victims and their families get fair reimbursement for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Truck accidents typically result in serious injuries or fatalities. It’s important to our firm to provide grade-A legal counsel to Fairview Heights, IL, victims that have been involved in truck accidents. Feel free to reach out to an actual and qualified Fairview Heights, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.