Truck Crash Lawyers in Farmington, MO
Contact our experienced Farmington, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Farmington, MO. Serving Missouri and Southern Illinois, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It’s our goal to help victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact our Farmington, MO, truck crash lawyers today for a consultation and free case review. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in general personal injury claims, workers compensation, medical malpractice, product liability, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our attorneys have recovered more than $35,000,000 for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Farmington, MO, clients get fair compensation. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were more than 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a notable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people per year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident claim, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are usually multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Farmington, MO, today if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different reasons that lead to semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It’s important to contact truck crash lawyer in Farmington, MO, as soon as possible if you’re involved in a truck accident. Below are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks often weight over 80,000 pounds. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which can lead to traffic accidents. These accidents often result in head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how many miles drivers can drive, but there are countless cases about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC reports that, in a single year, drowsy or fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers have admitted to falling asleep while driving.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Our Farmington truck crash lawyers will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large percentage of commercial truck incidents. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- Driving Under the Influence: Reported by the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, close to 30 percent of the drivers had blood alcohol content over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs can lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Our Farmington truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Additional common large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is critical to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer in Farmington, MO, today if you or a family member have been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has won more than $50 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Farmington
Truck crashes are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Below are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Farmington, MO, truck crash attorneys as soon as possible. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you get reimbursed.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Farmington Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t accept a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who often are in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, with truck accidents, you could win millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent Farmington, MO, victims with these types of claims and ensure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Farmington, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Farmington Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on our effective legal counsel. The Farmington truck accident attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injury victims and their families get fair damages for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. We’ve included links to a couple of specific practice areas below:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents usually result in serious injuries or fatalities. It’s important to our firm to provide experienced legal representation to Farmington, MO, residents that have been involved in truck accidents. Feel free to reach out to an actual and experienced Farmington, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.