Truck Crash Lawyers in Ferguson, MO
Contact our experienced Ferguson, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Ferguson, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help these victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Please contact our Ferguson, MO, truck crash lawyers now for more information. The Dixon Injury firm also specializes in general personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35,000,000 for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Ferguson, MO, clients get fair compensation. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of a commercial truck is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases involving commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Ferguson, MO, now if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different reasons that lead to semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It’s crucial to get in touch with truck crash attorney in Ferguson, MO, as soon as possible if you’re involved in a truck accident. Here are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks often weight more than 40 tons. This reduces their braking capability, which may lead to accidents. These accidents often cause head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC reports that, annually year, drowsy driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs if a truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to swing around and hit a car or the cab itself. Our Ferguson truck crash attorneys will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions happen. These account for a large percentage of commercial truck accidents and collisions. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- DUI: Reported by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, one-third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over legal limits. Alcohol and drugs can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Dixon’s Ferguson truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Other types of commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is important to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer in Ferguson, MO, now if you’ve been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. View our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Claim in Ferguson
Truck crashes are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This can complicate the process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Here are a few tips to help Ferguson truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Ferguson, MO, truck crash lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the faster you can get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you do? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Ferguson Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who often are in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers help Ferguson, MO, victims with these cases and ensure clients get fair compensation. The Dixon Injury Firm discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Ferguson, MO, injury lawyers have compiled a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Ferguson Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Ferguson truck wreck attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families get fair and just reimbursement for their injuries. We represent cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents often result in serious injuries or fatalities. It’s important to our firm to provide experienced legal counsel to Ferguson, MO, victims that have been involved in truck accidents. Feel free to reach out to an actual and qualified Ferguson, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.