Truck Crash Lawyers in Florissant, MO
Contact our experienced Florissant, MO, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Florissant, MO. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help these victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact our Florissant, MO, truck crash lawyers now for a consultation and free case review. We also specialize in general personal injury claims, slips and falls, workers compensation, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered over $50 million for clients. Our truck crash attorneys help Florissant, MO, clients get fair compensation. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people every year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of semi-trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop at the proper time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in liability, property damage, medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Florissant, MO, today if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different reasons that lead to bus, truck, semi, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions of dollars in reimbursement. It is crucial to contact truck crash lawyer in Florissant, MO, as soon as possible if you’re involved in an accident. Here are some of the most common types of truck accidents:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks can weight more than 40 tons. This reduces their braking capability, which can lead to traffic accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC reports that, in a single year, fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. 4% of drivers admit to falling asleep behind the wheel.
- Jackknife: A jackknife accident usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Our Florissant truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims and their families get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of commercial truck accidents. These are usually avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- Driving Under the Influence: Reported by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus truck-related fatalities each year, one-third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over legal limits. Drugs and alcohol can lead to distracted driving, drowsiness, and exacerbate other issues that cause fatalities. Our Florissant truck crash lawyers help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Other types of large truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It is essential to get in touch with a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Florissant, MO, now if you’ve been involved in a large accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $50 million for clients. You can view our firm’s case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Florissant
Truck accidents are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This can complicate the process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Here are a few tips to help Florissant truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Florissant, MO, truck crash lawyers right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you can get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which may be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How much can I get for my truck accident? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as pain and suffering, ongoing medical expenses, property damage, lost wages, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you do? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Florissant Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to take a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” reimbursement to victims who are often in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability. Dixon’s truck crash lawyers represent Florissant, MO, victims with these claims and make sure clients get the highest amount of compensation possible. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Florissant, MO, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Florissant Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Florissant truck accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injury victims and their families get fair damages for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents usually result in serious injuries or fatalities. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide top-notch legal representation to Florissant, MO, victims that have been involved in truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact an actual and experienced Florissant, MO, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.