Truck Crash Lawyers in Freeburg, IL
Contact our experienced Freeburg, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Freeburg, IL. Based in St. Louis, the Dixon Injury Firm provides legal representation to victims who have suffered from truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help victims secure full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Please contact Dixon’s Freeburg, IL, truck crash lawyers today for more information. We also specialize in general personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our firm has recovered over $35 million for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Freeburg, IL, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Missouri and Illinois and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There’s also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people every year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of large trucks is 525 feet. A large number of truck crashes are linked to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, but 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles have the potential do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover how to start a truck accident claim, the legal process, how to get an attorney, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Freeburg, IL, now if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different events that can cause semi-truck, bus, and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It is important to contact truck crash attorney in Freeburg, IL, immediately if you’re involved in a truck accident. Below are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Cargo trucks often weight more than 80,000 pounds. This reduces their braking capability, which may lead to traffic accidents. These accidents often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that, in a single year, fatigued driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to falling asleep while driving.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs if a commercial truck driver loses control while turning which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Our Freeburg truck crash attorneys will look at who is liable and help victims and their families get fair compensation.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of truck-related wrecks. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- DUI: According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus truck-related deaths each year, close to 30 percent of the drivers had blood alcohol content over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs can lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Dixon’s Freeburg truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Other common commercial truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It’s essential to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer in Freeburg, IL, now if you’ve been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. View our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Freeburg
Truck accidents are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This can complicate the legal process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Here are a couple of answers to questions clients often ask after being in a truck crash:
- What do I do if I’m in a truck accident? Step one: Contact our Freeburg, IL, truck crash lawyers right away. The sooner you begin the process, the sooner you get reimbursed.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with a quick and easy settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A qualified car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- How is reimbursement calculated? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as lost wages, medical bills and ongoing rehab, property damage, pain and suffering, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you specialize in? We take cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Freeburg Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to take a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who are often in a tough financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability and negligence. Our truck crash lawyers represent Freeburg, IL, victims with these claims and ensure clients get fair compensation. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Freeburg, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Freeburg Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on our effective legal representation. The Freeburg truck wreck lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families receive just reimbursement for their injuries. Our firm specializes in wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents often result in serious injuries and death. The Dixon Injury Firm knows how important it is to provide grade-A legal counsel to Freeburg, IL, victims that have been involved in large truck accidents. Feel free to reach out to a real and qualified Freeburg, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.