Truck Crash Lawyers in Geleconda, IL
Contact our experienced Geleconda, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free case review and consultation.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Geleconda, IL. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our job to help these victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include semi trucks, passenger vehicles, commercial trucks, and other auto accidents. Feel free to contact our Geleconda, IL, truck crash lawyers today for a consultation and free case review. Dixon also specializes in general personal injury claims, slips and falls, workers compensation, medical malpractice, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
Our attorneys have recovered more than $35 million for victims and their families. Our truck crash attorneys help Geleconda, IL, clients get fair reimbursement. Here are some facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- According to the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large bus- and truck-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a sizeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and more than 115,000 people per year are injured due to these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of commercial trucks is 525 feet. A healthy proportion of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Not even 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you are determining the value of a truck accident settlement, it’s important to factor in property damage, pain and suffering, medical expenses, ongoing treatment, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases that involve commercial trucks are often worth millions of dollars. 18 wheelers, school buses, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple negligent parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
The Dixon Injury Firm answers more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Geleconda, IL, today if you’ve been in an accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are a lot of different reasons that lead to bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It is crucial to contact truck crash attorney in Geleconda, IL, as soon as possible if you’re involved in an accident. Below are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight more than 80,000 pounds. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which can lead to accidents. These accidents often cause head trauma and even death.
- Driver Fatigue: While laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless cases about accidents happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC claims that, annually year, drowsy or fatigued driving causes more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers have admitted to falling asleep while driving.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs if a commercial truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to hit the cab or another vehicle. Our Geleconda truck crash lawyers will investigate the alleged negligent party and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Brakes failure, tire blowouts, sharp turns, faulty wiring, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large number of truck-related accidents and collisions. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but driver error can complicate the problem.
- Driving Under the Influence: Reported by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, almost a third of the drivers had blood alcohol content over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs can lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Dixon’s Geleconda truck crash lawyers are here to help families recover compensation if they lose someone in a fatal truck crash.
Other common commercial truck crashes often involve distracted driving, sideswipe accidents, a failure to maintain, and speeding. It’s critical to reach out to a qualified truck crash lawyer in Geleconda, IL, as soon as possible if you or a family member have been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. You can view our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Geleconda
Truck crashes are big and often involve multiple vehicles. This can complicate the legal process of getting reimbursed if you’ve been affected. Here are a few tips to help Geleconda truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m involved in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Geleconda, IL, truck crash attorneys right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you get compensated.
- Why would I need a lawyer? Insurers will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include special and general damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What sort of cases do you do? We take cases that involve workers compensation, opioids, vehicle accidents, general injuries, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Geleconda Truck Crash Attorneys
Don’t take a settlement right away. Insurance companies will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who often are in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to quick, easy money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could get millions of dollars due to the fact that of the multiple points of liability. Our truck crash lawyers represent Geleconda, IL, victims with these cases and make sure clients get fair compensation. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Geleconda, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Contact Geleconda Truck Crash Lawyers Now
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Geleconda truck crash attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to getting injury victims and their families get just damages for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other injury cases where someone is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Semi-truck and commercial vehicle accidents typically result in serious injuries or fatalities. We provide top-notch legal representation to Geleconda, IL, victims that have been involved in truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to contact an actual and qualified Geleconda, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free consultation.