Truck Crash Lawyers in Glen Carbon, IL
Contact our experienced Glen Carbon, IL, truck accident lawyers today for a free consultation and case review.
Truck Crash Lawyers in Glen Carbon, IL. As a leading law firm in the Metro St. Louis area, the Dixon Injury Firm offers legal representation to victims of truck and car accidents. It’s our goal to help these victims get full reimbursement for their injuries. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. The types of cases we handle include commercial trucks, passenger vehicles, semis, and other auto accidents. Feel free to contact our Glen Carbon, IL, truck crash lawyers today for a consultation and free case review. We also specialize in general personal injury claims, head and neck injuries, product liability, work comp, wrongful death cases, and other claims.
The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35,000,000 for injury victims. Our truck crash attorneys help Glen Carbon, IL, clients get fair compensation. Here are a few facts about truck accidents in Illinois and Missouri and truck crash claims:
- Reported by the FMCSA, there were over 4,000 large truck- and bus-related fatalities in 2017. There is also a noticeable increase in commercial vehicle injuries, and nearly 115,000 people per year are injured because of these accidents.
- The average stopping distance of commercial trucks is 525 feet. A big percentage of truck crashes are due to speeding, failure to maintain, and failing to stop in time. Close to 4 percent of truck crashes involve tires, though 27 percent are allegedly caused by faulty brakes.
- When you determine the value of a truck accident case, it’s important to factor in noneconomic damages like pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost wages, property damage, liability, and other special and general damages. Cases involving large trucks are often worth millions of dollars. School buses, big-rigs, and other commercial trucks weigh more than 50 tons, and are even heavier depending on their cargo. These vehicles can do a lot of damage and there are typically multiple parties that are liable. Liability insurance normally covers $300,000 to $5,000,000.
We answer more questions in our truck accident FAQs. We cover liability, wrongful death, the claim process, the types of accidents and how much they settle for, and other important information. Contact our truck crash lawyers in Glen Carbon, IL, today if you or a family member have been in a truck-related accident.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
There are many different causes for bus and large vehicle accidents. Settlements for these types of accidents range from policy limits to millions in compensation. It is important to contact truck crash lawyer in Glen Carbon, IL, immediately if you’ve been injured or involved in an accident. Here are some of the most common truck accident claims:
- Rear-End Accidents: Semi trucks can weight more than 80,000 pounds. This obviously increases the time it takes to stop which may lead to accidents. These truck crashes often result in head trauma or even death.
- Driver Fatigue: Laws are in place to limit how long truck drivers can go, but there are countless claims about wrecks happening due to driver fatigue. The CDC reports that, annually year, drowsy driving accounts for more than 70,000 crashes, 40,000 injuries, and nearly 800 deaths. Four percent of drivers admit to falling asleep while driving.
- Jackknife: Jackknifing usually occurs when a commercial truck driver loses control during a turn which causes an unbalanced load to strike a vehicle, post, or the cab. Dixon’s Glen Carbon truck crash lawyers will look at who is liable and help victims get fair reimbursement.
- Mechanical Failure: Tire blowouts, brake failure, and other malfunctions are a possibility. These account for a large percentage of truck-related accidents and collisions. These are typically avoidable with maintenance checks but there is always a chance something could happen.
- DUI: According to the IIHS, of the 4,000-plus deaths caused by commercial trucks each year, 29 percent of the drivers had blood alcohol content over the legal limit. Alcohol and drugs can lead to speeding, distracted driving, and complicate other reasons that lead to a crash. Dixon’s Glen Carbon truck crash lawyers help families recover damages if they lose someone in a fatal truck accident.
Other types of large truck crashes often involve a failure to maintain the vehicle, sideswipes, distracted driving, passenger vehicle drivers, and speeding. It’s essential to contact a qualified truck crash lawyer that serves Glen Carbon, IL, today if you’ve been involved in a semi truck accident. The Dixon Injury Firm has recovered more than $35 million for clients. View our case results here.
What To Know To Win a Truck Crash Case in Glen Carbon
Truck accidents are big and often involve more than one vehicles. This complicates the process of getting reimbursed if you have affected. Here are a few tips to help Glen Carbon truck crash victims get started on winning a case:
- What do I do if I’m in a truck accident? First step: Contact our Glen Carbon, IL, truck crash attorneys right away. The quicker you begin the process, the sooner you get compensated.
- Why do I need a lawyer? Insurance companies will try to “buy you off” with an easy and quick settlement, which would be tempting if you are under financial pressure. A skilled car crash lawyer will help you add up damages.
- What kinds of compensation can I receive? Reimbursement may include general and special damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, loss of consortium, and other financial factors.
- What types of cases do you specialize in? The Dixon Injury Firm takes cases that involve personal injuries, car and truck accidents, workers compensation, medical malpractice, and others. View our practice areas here.
Your Glen Carbon Truck Crash Attorneys
Be careful not to accept a settlement right away. Insurers will try to offer “fair” compensation to victims who often are in a difficult financial situation. It’s easy to say “yes” to easy and quick money. However, in the case with truck accidents, you could receive millions of dollars because of the multiple points of liability. Our truck crash lawyers represent Glen Carbon, IL, victims with these cases and ensure clients get fair compensation. We discuss discusses vehicle-related reimbursement in our e-book:
Have You Been In a Car Accident?
Free Book for Download
Our Glen Carbon, IL, injury lawyers have put together a comprehensive guide to car accident compensation. Read it now and contact us for a free consultation.
Speak To Our Glen Carbon Truck Crash Lawyers Today
Our clients depend on effective legal representation. The Glen Carbon truck crash attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm are dedicated to helping injured victims and their families receive fair and just damages for their injuries. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases involving wrongful death, slips and falls, opioid injuries, and other personal injury cases where a person is harmed or killed by a negligent party. Below, you can click the links to learn more about our diverse practice area:
Large truck and cargo vehicle accidents often result in serious injuries or fatalities. It’s important to our firm to provide grade-A legal representation to Glen Carbon, IL, residents that have been involved in large truck accidents. Don’t hesitate to reach out to an actual and experienced Glen Carbon, IL, truck crash lawyer today for more information and a free case review.